Rumex hastatus from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 21, 2010, 11:36:39 PM8/21/10
to efloraofindia
Rumex hastatus from Kashmir, usually locally common on dry hillsides especially along the roads, really beautiful sight when in fruiting. Photographed from Mohra near Uri on June 24, 2010.

Common names
Kumaon: Amlora, Chulmora
Punjab: Khattimal, Katambal

Leaves are often eaten, also used in pickles and chutneys. Root bark yields tannin..

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rumex-hastatus-Kashmir-a.jpg
Rumex-hastatus-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 22, 2010, 12:15:58 AM8/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice catch
Thanks for posting the photos Sir Ji
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Nayan Singh

Aug 22, 2010, 2:29:54 AM8/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan Singh ji
Once again thanks a lot for posting R. hastatus.
During my recent visit of higher Himalaya I also photographed it on 9-8-2010 near Niti pass.
I am attaching my pix, hope id is correct, pl confirm
thanks and regards
Nayan.

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Aug 22, 2010, 3:05:45 AM8/22/10
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Nayan ji
You have got it right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Aug 22, 2010, 11:09:17 AM8/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Thnaks for attaching another set of photos Nayan Ji
Tanay