Request for ID 080809 Sinthan Pass 1

Swagat

Sep 3, 2009, 10:13:42 PM9/3/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Location- On the way... from Kookar Nag to Sinthan Pass, Jammu & Kashmir.
Date- 08th August 2009.

Thanks in advance,

~Swagat
9223217568

080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1A.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1B.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1C.jpg

Tabish

Sep 4, 2009, 1:54:05 AM9/4/09
to indiantreepix
Should be an Epilobium species - can't pin down the species offhand.
- Tabish
>  080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1A.jpg
> 39KViewDownload
>
>  080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1B.jpg
> 53KViewDownload
>
>  080809-Swagat-SinthanPass1C.jpg
> 57KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 4, 2009, 9:59:33 AM9/4/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
It is most probably Epilobium roseum, a very variable species

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Swagat

Sep 4, 2009, 11:26:29 PM9/4/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Tabish ji, Gurcharan ji.

Here is a reply from Shrikantji...

Epilobium laxum, Rgds. Shrikant Ingalhalikar

~Swagat
9223217568

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2009, 2:01:44 AM9/5/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Swagat ji

Epilobium laxum appears to be most logical conclusion. However, please keep watch on flowers colour. Your photograph and one on Flowers of India both have light pink flowers, whereas this species is supposed to have bright rose purple flowers (also see Flowers of Himalayan by Polunin and Stainton). The species is very common in Himalayas, and soon we may have some member uploading specimens with bright rose purple flowers. Then perhaps we can compare and decide.
2009/9/4, Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>:
clear=all>

Swagat

Sep 5, 2009, 10:16:48 PM9/5/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Gurcharan ji,

Will wait for some more photos from others.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

JM Garg

Jun 24, 2018, 12:57:48 PM6/24/18
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Tabish