Ladakh, August 2022 :: Ephedra for ID :: ARK2022-166

Alka Khare

Oct 20, 2022, 11:18:57 AM10/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

This was on the banks of the Pangong tso.

Requested to please ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Ephedra_Ladakh Pangong6.JPG
Ephedra_Ladakh Pangong1.JPG
Ephedra_Ladakh Pangong3a.JPG

Alka Khare

Oct 20, 2022, 11:20:17 AM10/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
2 more
Ephedra_Ladakh Pangong5a.JPG
Ephedra_Ladakh Pangong9.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2022, 11:22:56 AM10/20/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
Ephedra gerardiana Wall. ex Klotzsch & Garcke
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Oct 20, 2022, 11:28:32 AM10/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Saroj ji for the prompt feedback

How different would this be from E. intermedia?

Regards
Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 20, 2022, 11:29:50 AM10/20/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg

radha veach

Oct 22, 2022, 10:36:37 PM10/22/22
to eFloraofIndia
What amazing pictures! Thanks for posting the habit photo as well.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2022, 12:46:25 AM10/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Alka
Hi, Alka ji,
You can check detailed differences at the link provided by Saroj ji.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2022, 9:31:28 AM10/23/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Alka
I also think close to images at Ephedra intermedia
Pl. check differences at Ephedra intermedia vs Ephedra gerardiana
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Oct 25, 2022, 2:22:20 AM10/25/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you Radha ji for your kind words

Thanks Saroj ji and Garg ji for the links.
One of the differences mentioned is that the female strobili are solitary in E. gerardiana and paired or in whorls in E. intermedia.

Considering this, both my uploads, this one and the other one seem to be E. intermedia.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2022, 2:33:39 AM10/25/22