My favourite shot of Tree 2008

JANAKI TURAGA

Dec 17, 2008, 12:23:25 PM12/17/08
to treepix Indian
Hi all,
The Caribbean Trumpet Tree Tabebuia aurea which is a non-native plant of India, is my favourite shot of a Tree for 2008. This was a stunning tree in bloom with its vibrant yellow flowers in contrast to its dark brown broken bark and against the blue sky! This was shot in one of the very small parks in South Delhi which were part of my research area of flora and avifauna in an urban residential area.Though this was not posted to the group, I want to share this with all of you.
This is a tree of the urban horticulturists who use it to green the gardens in cities. One of the cities where this really proliferates is Bangalore along with the Pink Tabebuia which is another spectacular sight.
Another favourite of mine are the Floss Silk Trees-both White and Pink. Both are outstanding iand spectacular in their prettiness and wow value especially in Lutyens's Delhi's roundabouts!!
Enjoy
Janaki Turaga
carribbeantrumpettree2008treepix.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2008, 9:26:13 PM12/17/08
to JANAKI TURAGA, treepix Indian
Hi, Janaki ji,
Certainly a wonderful composition. It takes ones'  reath away for a while.