Fwd: Regarding the Identification of Ficus sp.

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2023, 11:33:52 AM3/21/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
Thanks, Prabhat ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kumar Prabhat Das <pkdasr...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 at 17:58
Subject: Regarding the Identification of Ficus sp.
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

Collected from Bolangir Odisha December 2022
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 24, 2023, 1:36:32 AM3/24/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
I could not find a match as per comparative images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/01/ficus/
What are the species listed in your area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2023, 1:35:32 AM3/29/23
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_8697 - Copy rs.JPG
IMG_8670 - Copy rs.JPG
IMG_8679 - Copy rs.JPG
IMG_8684 rs.JPG
IMG_8685 - Copy rs.JPG
IMG_8648 - Copy rs.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 29, 2023, 4:48:54 AM3/29/23
to J.M. Garg, Kumar Prabhat Das, efloraofindia
Ficus albipila (Miq.) King ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 29, 2023, 5:10:22 AM3/29/23
to Kumar Prabhat Das, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
???? efi??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 2:33 PM Kumar Prabhat Das <pkdasr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Prabhat kumar Das
Taxonomy and conservation division
Forest and Environment Dept.Govt (Odisha)

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2023, 7:17:10 AM3/30/23
to Saroj Kasaju, Kumar Prabhat Das, efloraofindia
I think it does not have distribution in the area as per IBP and FoPI and Synopsis of the Genus Ficus L. (Moraceae) in India Lal Babu Chaudhary*, Jana Venkata Sudhakar, Anoop Kumar, Omesh Bajpai, Rinkey Tiwari and G. V. S. Murthy- Taiwania, 57(2): 193-216, 2012.
Also I think it does not match as per POWO and GBIF specimens.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Shivali Kharoliwal

Mar 30, 2023, 9:53:05 AM3/30/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das
Seems Ficus glomerata

J.M. Garg

Mar 31, 2023, 6:20:10 AM3/31/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Kumar Prabhat Das, Shivali Kharoliwal
Thanks, Shivali ji.
But it looks different as per images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/01/ficus-racemosa/

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 1, 2023, 1:51:23 PM4/1/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Kumar Prabhat Das, Shivali Kharoliwal

Kumar Prabhat Das

Apr 1, 2023, 9:06:14 PM4/1/23
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Yes Bro
Thank you very much
Regards

J.M. Garg

Apr 2, 2023, 12:41:25 PM4/2/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, Shivali Kharoliwal, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji,
I will try to verify.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2023, 6:36:34 AM4/4/23
to efloraofindia, Kumar Prabhat Das, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks, Paradesi ji, for id as Ficus lacor.
It may be somewhat possible as per POWO specimen and GBIF specimen, but I am not sure.
I am unable to find the description on the net, to check further.

Maybe the experts help us in confirming or otherwise.

Apr 4, 2023, 4:20:09 PM4/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
I think it is Ficus lacor, although as you say there is little documentation to go on and some of the images online are possibly wrong. Leaves are like Ficus virens and figs are tomentose. I have found a very few in northern western ghats, maybe less than 10 individuals. The habit is also similar to Ficus virens.
regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2023, 1:03:11 AM4/5/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, radha veach
Thanks a lot, Radha ji.
Can we get some description about this species from anywhere?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nayan Singh

Apr 5, 2023, 7:16:37 AM4/5/23
to eFloraofIndia
I think Ficus virens var. lambertiana.....

Thanks

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

J.M. Garg

Apr 6, 2023, 3:35:24 AM4/6/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Nayan Singh, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I could not find any description for this on the net.
However, specimens are available in GBIF (three- no figs seen) and FoPI (one- with fig- This being low resolution, it is difficult to see the details of the hairines of the figs).
If some description is there, it will help.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nayan Singh

Apr 14, 2023, 3:05:22 AM4/14/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi Garg ji, I found many plants in many part of Madhya Pradesh. This plant is shown as F. lambertiana by Pradip Krishen in his book JUNGLE TREES OF CENTRAL INDIA. many literater shown it is a syn of Ficus virens. I am attaching the photocopy of the page of  Pradip Krishen book and my one mic. Sorry for late response.

Thanks.

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

DSCN9085 - Copy - Copy.JPG
Yahoo Mail - No subject.pdf

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2023, 3:10:42 AM4/14/23
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Nayan ji, for this important inf.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2023, 12:22:30 PM4/21/23
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia, radha veach, Kumar Prabhat Das, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi, Nayan ji,
Details from Pradip Kishan's book are missing.
Can you post it here?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Kumar Prabhat Das

Apr 21, 2023, 8:35:53 PM4/21/23
to J.M. Garg, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thank you Sir for your great effort .Thank you

Nayan Singh

Apr 24, 2023, 2:41:00 AM4/24/23
to J.M. Garg, Kumar Prabhat Das, efloraofindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Hi, Garg ji,
Details from Pradip Kishan's book are attached..

Thanks

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Retd. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal India.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 12.02.35 PM.jpeg

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2023, 6:33:58 AM4/24/23
to Nayan Singh, Kumar Prabhat Das, efloraofindia, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Nayan ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg