Wild Plants for ID : San Francisco : 08SEP21 : AK - 002

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 8, 2021, 10:18:43 AM9/8/21
to efloraofindia
Seen growing wild in San Francisco.
Echium Species?
Aarti
San Francisco,California-P1030405.JPG
San Francisco,California-P1290308.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2021, 6:52:56 AM9/11/21
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Does not look like Echium.
Pl. post high res. images to see the details.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 11, 2021, 10:48:17 AM9/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
This is similar to my post from the Golden Gate Park, I had posted earlier.
Hence I suggested Echium.
Will post the higher resolution images.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 11, 2021, 10:50:46 AM9/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
First image
P1030405.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 11, 2021, 10:52:41 AM9/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Second image
P1290308.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2021, 7:45:30 AM9/15/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg
P1290308.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 15, 2021, 10:59:07 PM9/15/21
to Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Alastair Ji,
Thanks a lot for confirming it to.be Echium Species as suggested by me earlier.
I had seen similar plants at the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.
Regards,
Aarti

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 17:32 Alastair Culham, <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

It’s a Macaronesian Echium, almost certainly with Echium simplex as a parent but these hybridize very freely and the pure species are rare in California.

Alastair