26092011GS1 Boehmeria like herb from Dakpathar for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 7:57:51 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia
These photographs I had initially mixed up with Boehmeria but is a much more delicate plant about 1 m tall with slender red petioles and small green flowers in loose clusters on an elogated inflorescence, photographed from roadside, growing among shrubs in shaded places, photographed on September 16, 2011

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dubia-Boehmeria-like-Dakpathar-1.jpg
Dubia-Boehmeria-like-Dakpathar-2.jpg
Dubia-Boehmeria-like-near Dakpathar-3.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 26, 2011, 8:06:54 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia
I thought this looks like Laportea.
Pankaj
>  Dubia-Boehmeria-like-Dakpathar-1.jpg
> 276KViewDownload
>
>  Dubia-Boehmeria-like-Dakpathar-2.jpg
> 126KViewDownload
>
>  Dubia-Boehmeria-like-near Dakpathar-3.jpg
> 360KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 8:50:26 AM9/26/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I think you are right Pankaj ji
Laportea interrupta seems to be the choice

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Muthu Karthick

Sep 26, 2011, 8:53:17 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear all,
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 10:44:11 AM9/26/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
To me also it looks like Laportea interrupta
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 10:50:35 AM9/26/11
to Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I am also uploading here from same place
Laportea interrupta (5).JPG
Laportea interrupta (6).JPG
Laportea interrupta (7).JPG
Laportea interrupta (8).JPG
Laportea interrupta (9).JPG

Satish Phadke

Sep 26, 2011, 10:51:02 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Urticaceae member.
Produces a bad itch on touching the plant.
Has become a widespread weed in Pune too
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Satish Phadke

Sep 26, 2011, 10:53:10 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
What about Urtica parviflora
which looks quite similar.?

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 11:09:17 AM9/26/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Satish ji
Urtical parviflora is a much different highly stinging leaves and connate stipules. I am uploading separately.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Sep 26, 2011, 11:47:48 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
... Laportea interrupta ... some views at my photostream ... http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Laporteainterrupta&w=91314344%40N00&m=tags
Regards.
Dinesh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 12:53:20 PM9/26/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Yes it is Laportea interrupta of Urticaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Satish Phadke

Sep 27, 2011, 10:24:19 AM9/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Attaching my pictures of similar plant the ID of which was also concluded after long discussion as Laportea interrupta. Syn Urtica interrupta Clicked in Oct 2009.
Please validate again Sorry I can't see any stipules in my pictures.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke
urticaceae1.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 27, 2011, 10:56:54 AM9/27/11
to Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
... Laportea interrupta, Satish ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 28, 2011, 2:48:38 AM9/28/11
to Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Yes Laportea interrupta of Urticaceae family, Sathish Ji.

Regards,
Giby