ID Request: possible arabidopsis variety ...aquatic? images resized

Arielle Chandonnet

Dec 14, 2020, 10:56:08 PM12/14/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have not been able to identify this plant. The overall shape makes me think it's arabidopsis, but it's smooth appearance doesn't seem to align with most specimens online.
-Found dec 13th 2020 on the eastern coast of mid florida

-Plants found growing in low lying often flooded area, with dark clay soil, some found growing on cypress knees.

-Largest rosette is approx 4 inches across

-leaves are smooth and delicate and flowers have 5 petals

My apologies if id requests are for plants found in India only, I couldn't find any info clarifying if that's allowed. The website has been an amazing resource for me!

Thank you,

Arielle Chandonnet
P.S  Sorry if this sent twice, I had it come back to me and had to resize the images.

IMG_5781.PNG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5784.PNG

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 15, 2020, 2:55:13 AM12/15/20
to efloraindia
Closest I can suggest is Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2020, 1:27:50 AM12/21/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, ariellec...@gmail.com
Looks different from Arabidopsis thaliana
I doubt it is from this genus as the flower structure is different.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_5781.PNG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5784.PNG

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2020, 10:28:58 AM12/21/20
to efloraofindia, ariellec...@gmail.com, Mushtaq Ahmed Mushtaq, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Ariella ji,
Pl. check Samolus valerandi as per Wikipedia, Useful tropical plants and Go Botany
To me appears close.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg