J&K, Srinagar, April 2023 :: Rosaceae for ID :: ARK2023-036

Alka Khare

Jun 6, 2023, 11:36:27 PM6/6/23
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

These flowers were seen in Shalimar Bagh in Srinagar, J&K in April 2023.
I think they are Rosa banksiae, but am not sure.

Requested to please confirm.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Rosa banksiae_Srinagar Shalimar bagh1.jpeg
Rosa banksiae_Srinagar Shalimar bagh4.jpeg
Rosa banksiae_Srinagar Shalimar bagh2.jpeg

Mahadeswara

Jun 8, 2023, 12:10:18 AM6/8/23
to eFloraofIndia
 I have seen this some where  ( in USA ???).  But I do not remember where!  If I remember right  it is possibly : Lady Banks' rose, or just Banks' rose   :   Scientific name : Rosa banksiae   ?

Mahadeswara

Jun 8, 2023, 12:11:20 AM6/8/23
to eFloraofIndia
Beautiful upload Alka ji !

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 8, 2023, 12:44:01 AM6/8/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
Yes !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 10, 2023, 7:48:46 PM6/10/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes correct ID, commonly cultivated in Kashmir.
Message has been deleted

Alka Khare

Jun 24, 2023, 9:08:45 AM6/24/23
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Mahadeswara ji, Saroj ji and Sir ji for confirming.

Regards
Alka Khare