Fwd: Terminalia pallida?

bharathi raja

Mar 18, 2022, 11:20:56 AM3/18/22
to efloraofindia

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: bharathi raja <vm.bhar...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 21, 2022, 11:57
Subject: Terminalia pallida?
To: <indiat...@googlegroups.com>

All
Found this tree on the way to TP Kota water falls area, AP.
Feb22
Small tree.
FB_IMG_1645424654643.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424659991.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424649210.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424645581.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424657377.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424662826.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424651828.jpg
FB_IMG_1645424643141.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2022, 9:24:39 PM3/18/22
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
Beautiful images, Bharathi ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 19, 2022, 12:50:18 AM3/19/22
to efloraofindia, Bharathi raja
Yes, it's Terminalia pallida Bharathi Ji,
With regards.

bharathi raja

Mar 19, 2022, 1:01:53 AM3/19/22
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
How to confirm it's not T. chebula?
Because T. chebula has intraspecific variations and myself had found lot of variations in fruit size.
When I first saw the tree's leaf it was totally different.My guess may be wrong.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 19, 2022, 1:14:06 AM3/19/22
to bharathi raja, efloraofindia
Yes, you're right sir,
Chebula leaves are completely different.

Leaf key
Leaves Ovate, rarely some are obovate, immersed nerves, chartaceous(Thin).......Chebula
Leaves Broadly obovate- orbicular, bullet nerves, Chartaceous(Leathery)........Pallida

Fruits Key
Fruit clear ovoid, both sides equal beak from the centre of the fruit, clear ridges.....chebula
Fruits seem rounded, slightly or slightly unequal beak at both sides, unclear ridges......pallida.