[efloraofindia:32729] Request for Orchid ID 20/04/2010 TA2

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 1:44:36 AM4/20/10
to efloraofindia

Dear All,

Can you kindly help me to identify this Orchidaceae member?

Date/Time- November 2010/ 09:00 A.M

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Gangtok

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- cultivated

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-   Herbaceous

Height/Length- 2 ft [approx]

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- as seen in the photo

Inflorescence Type/ Size- as seen in the photo

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- as seen in the photo

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not available.

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc. -  odorless.

Regards

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Request for Orchid ID 20042010 TA2.JPG

Tabish

Apr 20, 2010, 2:37:38 AM4/20/10
to efloraofindia
Probably some Cymbidium hybrid
- Tabish

On Apr 20, 10:44 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can you kindly help me to identify this Orchidaceae member?
>
> Date/Time- *November 2010/ 09:00 A.M*
>
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS*- Gangtok*
>
> Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *cultivated*
>
> Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-   *Herbaceous*
>
> Height/Length- 2 ft [approx]
>
> Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size*- as seen in the photo*
>
> Inflorescence Type/ Size- *as seen in the photo*
>
> Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-* as seen in the photo*
>
> Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *not available.*
>
> Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc. -  *odorless.*
>
> * *
>
> Regards
>
> Tanay
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)
> 9674221362 (Mobile)
>
> --
>
>  Request for Orchid ID 20042010 TA2.JPG
> 306KViewDownload

tanay bose

Apr 20, 2010, 7:44:50 AM4/20/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thank you Tabish ji But do u have any Idea about the hybrid name of this plant'?
Regards
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 13, 2010, 10:20:42 PM5/13/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Balkar Arya, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tabish ji..............................probably some Cymbidium hybrid

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Neil Soares

May 13, 2010, 11:21:24 PM5/13/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Balkar Arya, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Tanay,
   This is Cymbidium erythraeum [E.longifolium].
                        Regards,
                          Neil.

Neil Soares

May 13, 2010, 11:24:46 PM5/13/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Tabish, Balkar Arya, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
Hi,
 Sorry. The synonym is C.longifolium.
                  Regards,
                    Neil.

tanay bose

May 14, 2010, 12:35:21 AM5/14/10
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Tabish, Balkar Arya, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
dear Neil ji,
thanks for the ID this is indeed Cymbidium erythraeum .
regards
tanay

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jul 13, 2010, 4:25:25 PM7/13/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I am just trying to resurface this request as reply option was not
showing.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 13, 2010, 4:28:29 PM7/13/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I hope this works..... and gets linked to the mail message on the group.

This plant is not Cymbidium erythraeum, infact I think this to be
Cymbidium iridioides.
Regards
Pankaj

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2010, 8:42:54 AM9/9/10
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Neil Soares, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Probably some Cymbidium hybrid
 - Tabish”

“This is Cymbidium erythraeum [C.longifolium].
                        Regards,
                          Neil.”

“thanks for the ID this is indeed Cymbidium erythraeum.
regards
tanay”

"This plant is not Cymbidium erythraeum, infact I think this to be
Cymbidium iridioides.
Regards
Pankaj"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Request for Orchid ID 20042010 TA2.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 9, 2010, 10:06:31 AM9/9/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, Neil Soares
I thought I had identified this earlier as Cymbidium iridioides.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate