Bauhinia hukkeri

ajinkya gadave

Sep 5, 2009, 1:06:53 AM9/5/09
to Indian Trees
hello friends

i found this beautiful tree Bauhinia hukkeri  in our pune city
this tree is very rare to see and only one tree in our city.
ajinkya gadave

Bauhinia hukkeri 1.jpg

Supriya Goturkar

Sep 5, 2009, 2:38:50 AM9/5/09
to ajinkya gadave, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful!
Where is this located in Pune?
Thanks and regards,
Supriya

santhosh kumar es

Sep 5, 2009, 3:33:50 AM9/5/09
to ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Bauhinia hookeri F.V. Muell is a very beautiful tree from Queensland. For more information see http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s1734210.htm

Santhosh

2009/9/5 ajinkya gadave <ajinky...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Satish Phadke

Sep 5, 2009, 4:21:18 AM9/5/09
to santhosh kumar es, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Beautiful ....
Would like to know the place in Pune and if it is flowering now I would rush to see it.
Dr Phadke

2009/9/5 santhosh kumar es <santhos...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2009, 5:30:16 AM9/5/09
to Satish Phadke, santhosh kumar es, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
I don't know the plant, but one thing I know it is rightly known as Bauhinia hookeri F. Muell., not B. hukkeri.

I hope you won't mind this correction

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 5, 2009, 6:36:40 AM9/5/09
to Indian Trees, ajinkya gadave

Ajinkya
can you collect the pods as suggested by somebody. I will request one of my students to collect it from you.
similarly will like to know where is it in Pune?
Madhuri
--- On Sat, 5/9/09, ajinkya gadave <ajinky...@gmail.com> wrote:
See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/