Eulophia explanata Lindl.

Skip to the first unread message

Pankaj Kumar

27-Sept-2010, 3:02:32 pm27/09/10
to indiantreepix
Eulophia explanata Lindl., Gen. Sp. Orchid. Pl.: 180 (1833).

Family: Orchidaceae
Location: Jharkhand
western Himalaya.

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Slide9.JPG
Slide10.JPG
Slide11.JPG

Balkar Arya

28-Sept-2010, 12:49:46 am28/09/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Pankaj Ji
are all these from Valley of Flowers?
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Kumar

28-Sept-2010, 12:54:52 am28/09/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
This particular taxa is from Jharkhand. This are low altitude plant.
Regards
Pankaj

Balkar Arya

28-Sept-2010, 12:56:48 am28/09/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
I mean to say, can all these be found in Valley of flowers and nearby areas. And pls let us know most favorable season to see them there

Pankaj Kumar

28-Sept-2010, 1:02:49 am28/09/10
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Eulophias flowers or initiates floral stalk just before monsoon in the
peak heat of summer and they grow in warm areas. In central India yes,
this particular species is not so uncommon. during that period but
hard to find as people dont go out to field in 45 degree celcius. I
remember photographic this plant above 40 degree in the afternoon.
First pic is from Chatra district and second and third is from
outskirts of Ranchi district.
This species should be there in sal forest at lower elevations in Uttarakhand.
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

28-Sept-2010, 1:16:42 am28/09/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Pankaj ji
Admire your stamina, back within 3 hours. I love my sleep, and preparing for it. Hope to see a lot of mails when I get up in the morning (evening in India).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

28-Sept-2010, 1:19:04 am28/09/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
:))
I was here itself. Now busy with office work....so may not be adding
more pics for the time being...but will try to respond to the queries
and post by others.
Take care and have a nice sleep....
Pankaj

Dr Pankaj Kumar

22-Mar-2011, 1:51:42 am22/03/11
to indiantreepix
This is also correct.
Pankaj

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>

wrote:
> Pankaj ji
> Admire your stamina, back within 3 hours. I love my sleep, and preparing for
> it. Hope to see a lot of mails when I get up in the morning (evening in
> India).

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Eulophias flowers or initiates floral stalk just before monsoon in the
>> peak heat of summer and they grow in warm areas. In central India yes,
>> this particular species is not so uncommon. during that period but
>> hard to find as people dont go out to field in 45 degree celcius. I
>> remember photographic this plant above 40 degree in the afternoon.
>> First pic is from Chatra district and second and third is from
>> outskirts of Ranchi district.
>> This species should be there in sal forest at lower elevations in
>> Uttarakhand.
>> Pankaj

>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com>

Dr Pankaj Kumar

22-Mar-2011, 1:55:46 am22/03/11
to indiantreepix, hari lal
Just wanted to add. The first pic was taken in a very disturbed area
due to naxallites and at that time only one person could dare to
accompany me on this trip. Even my ex-driver ran away, but I was too
stubborn to take my own vehicle and went to this place in Chatra.
The person who accompanied me in the extreme heat of summer was Hari
Lal from Hazaribagh, who is now one of the members of this group. Wwe
both risked our lives to reach to this place, find this orchid and
then come out, WITHOUT COLLECTING IT, as there were only 3 individuals
in the forests.
Thanks a lot Hari.
Pankaj

wrote:
> Pankaj ji
> Admire your stamina, back within 3 hours. I love my sleep, and preparing for
> it. Hope to see a lot of mails when I get up in the morning (evening in
> India).

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Eulophias flowers or initiates floral stalk just before monsoon in the
>> peak heat of summer and they grow in warm areas. In central India yes,
>> this particular species is not so uncommon. during that period but
>> hard to find as people dont go out to field in 45 degree celcius. I
>> remember photographic this plant above 40 degree in the afternoon.
>> First pic is from Chatra district and second and third is from
>> outskirts of Ranchi district.
>> This species should be there in sal forest at lower elevations in
>> Uttarakhand.
>> Pankaj

>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com>

Reply to all