Catunaregam spinosa

Rajendra Shinde

Jul 28, 2009, 1:20:55 PM7/28/09
to indiantreepix Indian

Hello,

Catunaregam spinosa (Rubiaceae) at Silonda trail, SGNP Borivli  on 12th July 09. Gela, Gel-phal.
Also known as Randia dumetorum, Xeromphis spinosa, Gardenia spinosa..(all synonyms)

Rajendra

--
Dr. Rajendra D. Shinde,
Director, Council of International Programmes,

satish phadke

Jul 29, 2009, 10:05:46 AM7/29/09
to Rajendra Shinde, indiantreepix Indian
Nice pictures Rajendra ji
The petals turn yellowish as the flowers mature..Right?
Satish

2009/7/28 Rajendra Shinde <rdsh...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Parjanya guru

Jul 30, 2009, 4:33:18 AM7/30/09
to satish phadke, Rajendra Shinde, indiantreepix Indian
.. The change in the color  is due to the pollination process..
 Once the flower is pollinated, it changes it s color so as to convey the next approching pollinator that you have nothing to do.!:)
Flower is Clever.!

Swagat

Jul 30, 2009, 9:39:42 AM7/30/09
to Parjanya guru, satish phadke, Rajendra Shinde, indiantreepix Indian
Really... Nature is Very Very Smart!!!

~Swagat
9223217568