Rubiaceae shrub for id 211110MK1

Skip to the first unread message

Muthu Karthick

21-Nov-2010, 8:58:45 am21/11/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this shrub found at Bear shola.

Date/Time-

06-11-2010 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.2200asl; Kodaikanal, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

closer to water-falls

Plant Habit-

shrub

Height/Length-

1 -2 m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

6 x 2.5 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

terminal; 5-7cm longer

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

pinkish

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Kodai 129.jpg
Kodai 130.jpg
Kodai 132.jpg

Pardeshi S.

22-Nov-2010, 8:41:54 am22/11/10
to efloraofindia
Some Rubiaceae species

On Nov 21, 6:58 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Please help to id this shrub found at Bear shola.
>
>  *Date/Time-*
>
> 06-11-2010 / 11:00 AM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GP*
>
> ca.2200asl; Kodaikanal, TN
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> closer to water-falls
>
> *Plant Habit-*
>
> shrub
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> 1 -2 m
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> 6 x 2.5 cm
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> terminal; 5-7cm longer
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> pinkish
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 09626833911www.careearthtrust.org
>
>  Kodai 129.jpg
> 162KViewDownload
>
>  Kodai 130.jpg
> 209KViewDownload
>
>  Kodai 132.jpg
> 335KViewDownload

Vijayasankar

22-Nov-2010, 10:08:07 am22/11/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Pl check it for Hedyotis [may be H.barberi or its allied, seen in higher altitudes of W.Ghats].

Regards

Vijayasankar

J.M. Garg

10-Dec-2010, 2:16:31 am10/12/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman, satish pardeshi, Mahadeswara Swamy, C KUNHIKANNAN, navendu page

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Some Rubiaceae species

“Pl check it for Hedyotis [may be H.barberi or its allied, seen in higher altitudes of W.Ghats].

Regards

Vijayasankar”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Kodai 129.jpg
Kodai 130.jpg
Kodai 132.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

22-Dec-2010, 6:27:14 pm22/12/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, satish pardeshi

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Some Rubiaceae species

S. Pardeshi

“Pl check it for Hedyotis [may be H.barberi or its allied, seen in higher altitudes of W.Ghats].

Regards

Vijayasankar

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

16-Mar-2011, 1:43:56 am16/03/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Forwarding again for id assistance. Please help to resolve this id.

Previous feedbacks:
Pardeshiji----- some rubiaceae

Vijayasankarji ------- Pl check it for Hedyotis [may be H.barberi or its allied, seen in higher altitudes of W.Ghats].

Pankajji -----

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Rubiaceae shrub for id 211110MK1
------------------------
----------
From: Pardeshi S. <satishp...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Some Rubiaceae species

----------

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com>, satish pardeshi <satishp...@gmail.com>

S. Pardeshi

#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Kodai 129.jpg
Kodai 130.jpg
Kodai 132.jpg

Muthu Karthick

17-Mar-2011, 1:39:05 am17/03/11
to indiantreepix, kottai muthu
A reply from Kottaimuthuji --- It is very close to Hedyotis purpurescens & H. swertioides but defenitely not H. barberi

Gurcharan Singh

20-Apr-2011, 6:47:59 am20/04/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Mahadeswara, satish pardeshi
Dear all,
This plant looks very close to Hedyotis purpurascens Hook.f. because of the presence of ovate-stipule.
This can't be H. swertioides as it is more than 2 feet and not possessing ovate leaves.
Many thanks Kottaimuthuji for your lead.

Source: Flora of South Indian Hills by P F Fyson; Flora of British India by J D Hooker.
--
Muthu Karthick, N

Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,