Linum variety at Kaas?

Satish Phadke

Sep 21, 2009, 1:25:24 PM9/21/09
to indiantreepix Indian
These tiny flowers were spotted in large numbers on Kaas plateau along with Smithea.
I think this is some Linum variety. Flower size very small less than 5 mm I suppose.
Dr Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
DSCN2078 s.jpg

Nayan Singh

Sep 21, 2009, 10:28:06 PM9/21/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
looks like Linum mysurense
thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 22, 2009, 12:12:52 AM9/22/09
to Nayan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Is my id correct?
Attached pic of Linum mysurense taken At Kas in Oct 2008.
local name : Undri
Common English name : Mysore linseed (flax)
cheers,
shubhada

These tiny flowers were spotted in large numbers on Kaas plateau along with Smithea.
I think this is some Linum variety.. Flower size very small less than 5 mm I suppose.

Dr Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
linum mysurens undri Mysore linseed 2008_1006_kaas_0153 e.jpg

Satish Phadke

Sep 22, 2009, 12:18:28 AM9/22/09
to shubhada nikharge, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Yes Shubhada ji
I enjoyed all your Kaas photographs
I had also noticed these flowers during my earlier visits but had not zeroed in on the ID.
That typical notch on the petals might be the imp.feature though it is not seen in all the flowers.
Satish Phadke

2009/9/22 shubhada nikharge <shubhada...@yahoo.co.in>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com