which passiflora ?

ajinkya gadave

Sep 8, 2010, 10:03:56 AM9/8/10
to Indian Trees
hello
i found this passiflora creeper at on of the ornamental  nursery at somatane fata ,old pune-mumbai highway .

thanks in advance
ajinkya gadave
pune
9890202042
passiflora.jpg

mani nair

Sep 8, 2010, 12:08:35 PM9/8/10
to ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Ajinkya ji, from the leaves it does not look like a passiflora creeper. Waiting for more answers.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Sep 8, 2010, 5:13:02 PM9/8/10
to mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Not Passiflora for me too
tanay

--
Tanay Bose B.Sc (Hons), M.Sc (Gold Medallist)
Department of Botany.

Vijayasankar

Sep 8, 2010, 9:23:57 PM9/8/10
to ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
I think it is Passiflora ligularis, an American sp with simple leaves and sweet edible fruits.

With regards

Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Sep 8, 2010, 10:28:27 PM9/8/10
to Vijayasankar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Thanks Vijaya Ji I was completely unaware of this sp of Passiflora
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 8, 2010, 11:51:37 PM9/8/10
to tanay bose, Vijayasankar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Vijayasankar ji
You never allow us to get stuck. You have proved it time and again. You are really our trump card. We are proud of you.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ajinkya gadave

Sep 9, 2010, 12:46:21 AM9/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Vijayasankar, Indian Trees
thank you very much vijaya jee .

mani nair

Sep 9, 2010, 1:09:27 AM9/9/10
to ajinkya gadave, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Vijayasankar, Indian Trees
Thank you, Vijay ji,   I thought the leaves of passiflora are always three-lobed.

Regards,

Mani.