Convolvulaceae Week: Hero of Convolvulaceae Week, Dr. Balkar Singh...Great show again by Dinesh Valke

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 11:38:17 AM3/18/12
to efloraofindia
Congratulations Balkar ji for having become the Hero of this episode on Convolvulaceae. You have been a true Hero uploading photographs from several different parts of India. It is difficult to beat Dinesh ji in family episodes, but you have done it although it had again been a close call again.
It was good experience to see Satish ji, Prashant  ji, Rathinasabpathy ji and other members participating in a big way. Here are the major contributors, there number of uploads (number of responses within parenthesis, including their own mails).

Dr. Balkar Singh                     38   (119)
Mr. Dinesh Valke                    35   (186)
Dr. Satish Phadke                   27   (86)
Dr. Gurcharan Singh                22   (81)
Mr. Rathinasabapathy              18   (69)
Mr. Prashant Awale                  8    (22)

Thanks to all members who shared photographs or participated in discussions.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 11:41:24 AM3/18/12
to efloraofindia
Forgot to mention that although we dealt with a small family, there were more than 176 uploads and nearly 700 responses in episode on Convolvulaceae.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Balkar Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 11:45:57 AM3/18/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Sir for this honor to me. Convolvulaceae and Asteraceae are my favorite families. so I could manage good no. of pics.
thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Prashant Awale

Mar 18, 2012, 12:44:11 PM3/18/12
to Balkar Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Congrats Balkar ji. So many beautiful uploads from all of you. Great show.
Regards
Prashant

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Mar 19, 2012, 12:57:15 AM3/19/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you sir for the statistical information.
BRS

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator

Ushadi micromini

Mar 19, 2012, 1:21:20 AM3/19/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurcharan Singh
Congratulations Balkar ji.
because of the google problems did not get to see most of the pictures this week... disheartening... and most NON_BOTANISTS seem to have disappeared.... only I am left here...
Usha di
=======

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Mar 19, 2012, 1:34:31 AM3/19/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A big Thanks (!) to Everyone who is able to contribute photos of plants in India , the high quality photos of all of the plant parts and at all growth stages are what enable us to dial in on the Identifications.

Those who are able to make larger contributions deserve special Thanks (!)

regards,

Ron

Dinesh Valke

Mar 19, 2012, 1:50:29 AM3/19/12
to Ron_Convolvulaceae, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hearty congratulations, Balkar ji !!
Thanks to everyone for sharing their collection despite being uncomfortable with the DOCs' approach.
With such high quality photos and photo sets showing critical aspects of the plants, getting to ID is relatively easier.
Thanks to all.

Many thanks to Gurcharan ji for the statistics; this time it sure is cumbersome to work out.

Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Mar 19, 2012, 3:48:20 AM3/19/12
to Dinesh Valke, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indian...@googlegroups.com
It was an enjoyable week all along. Good participation including Ron ji made it very interesting. As Gurcharan ji said though a small family a large number of species were shared/discussed and it is not an end of the week but a start for documenting more and more characters of the plants as you go on observing them including the seeds too. I couldn't find many plants from my collections as they were not grouped properly.
Would like to post as and when I find them.
Thanks all.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

surajit koley

Mar 19, 2012, 10:06:59 PM3/19/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Balkar Sir, Dinesh Sir, Satish Sir, Gurcharan Sir, Rathinasabapathy Sir, Prashant Sir,

JAY HO....

Ron Sir,

JAY HO.....

efloraofindia