Strobilanthes spp. for identification, Kindly Help!

Nishant Chauhan

Oct 6, 2023, 9:17:26 AM10/6/23
to eFloraofIndia
Respected members,
I'm attaching a few pictures of Strobilanthes sp. which looks very similar to Strobilanthes tomentosa, I checked a few available pictures on the group but I'm not sure if it's really S. tomentosa or some other species.
Dear Members, I also saw an abstract of the paper in 'The Indian Forester' mentioning that "S. tomentosa has a gregarious flowering cycle of 12 years" Can someone kindly confirm that it has a flowering cycle of 12 years?
Filed Observations: 5-7 feet tall multi-branched perennial bush growing on rocky landforms in both semi-shades and sun-faced moist slopes. Leaves are opposite, thick and leathery. Blue-colored flowers in bunches.
I photographed it in the Bilaspur district(Alt. 800mt.) of Himachal Pradesh in the First week of October 2023.

With regards,
Nishant Chauhan
Hamirpur, H.P.
Strobilanthes 2.JPG
Strobilanthes 1.JPG
Strobilanthes 3.JPG
Strobilanthes 4.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 6, 2023, 9:23:05 AM10/6/23
to J.M. Garg, Nishant Chauhan, indian...@googlegroups.com
ID is correct.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 12, 2023, 2:30:06 AM10/12/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nishant Chauhan

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Strobilanthes 2.JPG
Strobilanthes 1.JPG
Strobilanthes 3.JPG
Strobilanthes 4.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2023, 12:12:28 AM10/13/23
to John Wood, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nishant Chauhan
Thanks a lot, Dr. Wood.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Fri, 13 Oct, 2023, 03:32 John Wood, <jri...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes I think this Strobilanthes tomentosa (Nees) J.R.I.Wood. It is quite variable but this seems to fit okay.

Rehards

John Wood

Oct 25, 2023, 8:01:23 AM10/25/23
to J.M. Garg, John Wood, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Saroj Kasaju sir for confirming the ID. Additionally, I would like to express my gratitude to J.M. Garg sir for the valuable comment provided. Furthermore, special thanks to Dr. John Wood for offering further confirmation and solidifying our knowledge in this regard. My apologies for the delayed response.

Best regards,
Nishant Chauhan
Hamirpur, H.P.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 25, 2023, 12:44:48 PM10/25/23
to Nishant Chauhan, J.M. Garg, John Wood, efloraofindia
OK Mr. Chauhan !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju