Swertia species for ID

Satish Phadke

Oct 16, 2009, 9:33:12 AM10/16/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I had posted this picture earlier.
With new experts coming in the group Can I have a comment on the Id of this plant?
I think this is Swertia densifolia.
Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Swertia densifolia1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2009, 8:14:07 AM11/14/09
to indiantreepix, satish phadke, shubhada nikharge, Swapna Prabhu, usha desai, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Earlier relevant feedback from earlier thread:

"Can it be Swertia decussata? See the link for a picture:

"Regarding the species ID of Swertia...I don't have total field characters of the plant. The picture has been searched from my collection.Even I don't remember where I have shot it..either Kas lake plateau or Mahabaleshwar.
Acc. to Shrikant's book it appears to be Swertia densifolia." from Satish ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Swertia densifolia1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2009, 12:21:41 AM11/15/09
to indiantreepix, satish phadke, shubhada nikharge, Swapna Prabhu, usha desai, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Reply from Shrikant ji:
"This is Swertia monor. I recollect having viewed the posting (from others) more than once before. Regards
Shrikant"

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2009, 4:21:50 AM11/15/09
to indiantreepix, satish phadke, shubhada nikharge, Swapna Prabhu, usha desai, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Reply from Shrikant ji:
"Please correct this to S. minor,
rgds
Shrikant"