SK 29421 7 August 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:00:14 AM8/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Members,

Location: Far West, Nepal
Altitude:  1200m.
Date: July 2021
Habit : Wild

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
Surkhet_139.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:00:40 AM8/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Surkhet_142.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:00:41 AM8/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Surkhet_143.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:01:49 AM8/7/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Corr: SK 2942   7 August 2021
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 7, 2021, 2:12:31 AM8/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Cordia Saroj Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/07/21, 11:41:24 AM

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:20:26 AM8/7/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Only 2 sp. in Nepal http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=110&taxon_id=107975 !
According to the elevation I guess it matches with Cordia dichotoma Forster.
Please validate.

Thank you Paradesi ji

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 7, 2021, 2:45:16 AM8/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
It might be Cordia grnadis Saroj ji, because seems tomentose or small hairy below,

Leaf margin toothed near the apex, surface rough but hairless.......C. dichotoma
Leaf margin entire, stellate tomentose beneath ..............................C. grandis

With regards.
Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/07/21, 12:11:24 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 2:48:31 AM8/7/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
There is about 2400ft. difference. Would it be possible?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 7, 2021, 3:06:14 AM8/7/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it's possible Saroj Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/07/21, 12:34:54 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 3:28:42 AM8/7/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Paradesi Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2021, 12:31:09 PM8/15/21
to Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia
Hi, Paradesi ji,
Where did you get the keys from ?
With these images, I would like to go for Cordia dichotoma only, as per images and details herein.
Not much details on the net of Cordia grandis. Appears quite uncommon except specimens in GBIF.

I found the description of Cordia grandis from IBIS Flora from FBI:

Roxb. Fl. Ind. ed. Carey & Wall. ii. 335 ; leaves large ovate 3-5-nerved scabrous above mature glabrous or scarcely villous beneath, corymbs large dense, flowers small pubescent or scarcely tomentose, berry at most 1/2 in. ellipsoid very obtuse. Wall. Cat. 892 ; DC. Prodr. ix. 481; Kurz For. Fl. ii. 208. C. cordifolia, Wall. Cat. 894.

Assam, Griffith, &c. Chittagong ; H. f. & T., &c. Pegu ; Kurz.—Distrib. Aya.

A large tree. Leaves 3-6 in., acute or obtuse, scabrid with very small rough points, base 3-5-nerved; petiole 1-2.1/2 in. Corymbs terminal, female many-flowered, male dense. Calyx at flower-time scarcely 1/6 in., tubular-campanulate. Corolla-lobes 4, 1/8-1/6 in. Stamens 4. Berry usually 1/3 by 1/5 in., 1-2-seeded ; fruiting-calyx scarcely 1/3 in wide. Leaves feather-nerved not (or obscurely) 3-nerved at the base.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 15, 2021, 1:02:25 PM8/15/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia
Thank you Mr. Garg! Agree with you.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Aug 15, 2021, 10:20:44 PM8/15/21
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Dear Garg JI,
That keys myself made from the description of the World trees book, to easily differentiate, still, I am feeling it's something different from dichotoma,
Even you're right that might be ecological differentiation, will conform with complete information,

if possible get some more information, Saroj Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
08/16/21, 07:34:51 AM

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 14, 2023, 6:38:16 AM6/14/23
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Dear Paradesi Ji,

Any further ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju