Request for IB Borghat 5

Swagat

Aug 24, 2009, 1:53:24 AM8/24/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Photo taken at Borghat, Mumbai-Pune old highway.
Date 15th August 2009.

Thanks in advance.

~Swagat
9223217568

150809-Swagat-Borghat-5-A.jpg
150809-Swagat-Borghat-5-B.jpg
150809-Swagat-Borghat-5-C.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 24, 2009, 2:29:51 AM8/24/09
to indiantreepix
Seems to be Rostellularia crinita of Acanthaceae family

2009/8/24 Swagat <swaga...@gmail.com>

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Dinesh Valke

Aug 24, 2009, 3:35:44 AM8/24/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
... looks like Justicia procumbens (syn. Rostellularia procumbens)
Regards.

Neil Soares

Aug 24, 2009, 3:36:33 AM8/24/09
to indiantreepix, Swagat
Hi Swagat,
  It is the Common Small Justicia [Justicia procumbens].
                 With regards,
                   Neil Soares.

Rajesh Sachdev

Aug 24, 2009, 3:44:15 AM8/24/09
to indiantreepix
Hi Dinesh,
confusing stuff for me..how to differentiate between both of them

Swagat

Aug 25, 2009, 12:38:23 AM8/25/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Rajeshji, Dineshji & Dr. Neilji.

Finally it is Common Small Justicia [Justicia procumbens].

Regards,
~Swagat
9223217568

Dinesh Valke

Aug 25, 2009, 10:31:55 AM8/25/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Rajesh, I am attempting to put two differences (referring the FOI links you have provided):
1) smooth leaves (J. procumbens) ... hairy leaves (R. crinita)
2) terminal spikes, often purplish  (J. procumbens) ... terminal as well as axillary spikes (R. crinita)

By the way, I have not yet sighted R. crinita, so cannot stress on any other differences.

Swagat

Aug 26, 2009, 12:51:58 AM8/26/09
to Dinesh Valke, Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Dr. Neilji, Rajeshji & Dineshji.

I am also confuged now about id.

~Swagat
9223217568

Parjanya guru

Aug 26, 2009, 4:51:31 AM8/26/09
to Swagat, Dinesh Valke, Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
....What about Justicia simplex..?
Any chance.?