Plant from Kachchh, Gujarat

Rohit Patel

Jan 16, 2010, 6:58:28 AM1/16/10
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear All,

Please help me to idenify the plant ??????????

thanks in advance

regards

Rohit

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

Picture1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 19, 2010, 7:19:47 AM2/19/10
to efloraofindia, Rohit Patel

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Picture1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 19, 2010, 11:59:57 PM2/19/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel
Tamarix sp I suppose, group with bisexual flowers

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 20, 2010, 12:16:04 AM2/20/10
to efloraofindia
This seems to be the panicle of male flowers of Tamarix dioica. Shall
post both sex flowers and capsules shot in my recent trip to Kutchh.
Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On Jan 16, 4:58 pm, Rohit Patel <rmpecol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please help me to idenify the plant ??????????
>
> thanks in advance
>
> regards
>
> Rohit

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=.
>
> > --
> > With regards,

> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies, Plants
> > etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix
>
> --
> ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
> Asst. Project cordinator
> (Grassland development)
> AHKC unit,Sahjeevan
> 175, Jalaram Society,
> Vijay Nagar
> Bhuj Kachchh-  370001
> Gujarat, Indiawww.sahjeevan.org

> E-mail (2):-rohitpatel_...@yahoo.com
> Mo.:- 09724337687
>
>  Picture1.jpg
> 623KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2010, 12:56:05 AM2/20/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Shrikant ji, may be I am wrong but I thought well formed ovary can be clearly seen in the centre.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Mar 11, 2010, 7:37:50 AM3/11/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Gurcharan Singh-sify

dear all,
this plant is from the genus Tamarix sp but cot confirm about the species.
Regards
tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Pardeshi S.

Mar 11, 2010, 9:31:41 AM3/11/10
to efloraofindia
the plant in question is
Tamarix ericoides Rottl. in Gesel. Naturf. Fr. Berl. Neue Schr. 4:
214, 1803;
Dyer in Hook. f. Fl. Brit. India 1: 249, 1872;
Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 1: 76, 1958 (Repr.);
Almeida, Fl. Mah. 1: 81, 1996;
Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 267, 2000;
Pradhan et al, Fl. SGNP 106, 2005.

the stamens are 10 in Number which indicates it to be T. ericoides (as
per Flora of Maharashtra-Almeida)
Regards

Satish Pardeshi

On Mar 11, 5:37 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear all,

> this plant is from the genus *Tamarix sp* but cot confirm about the species.

> Regards
> tanay
>

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> > Earlier relevant feedback:
>

> > “*Tamarix sp I suppose*, group with bisexual flowers
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh”
>
> > “This* seems to be the panicle of male flowers of Tamarix dioica.* Shall

> > post both sex flowers and capsules shot in my recent trip to Kutchh.
> > Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar”
>

> > “Shrikant ji, *may be I am wrong but I thought well formed ovary can be
> > clearly seen in the centre*.

> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

tanay bose

Mar 11, 2010, 9:35:50 AM3/11/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Dear Satish Ji,
Thank you for updating me about the species.
Regards
Tanay