Requesting for ID [26/03/10 TB]

tanay bose

Mar 26, 2010, 2:06:07 AM3/26/10
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

Dear All,

Can you kindly help me to identify this plant? Growing as a weed in my garden. Assuming to be some from Solanaceae. Available morphological details has been provided below, the photographs attached with the mail.

Date/Time- 26TH MARCH 2010/ 09:00 A.M

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Kolkata

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-   Herbaceous

Height/Length- 2 ft [approx]

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- simple, solitary, alternate, arising from node, margin-entire, apex acute, base cuniate, petiolate [1-4cm], exstipulate, midrib prominent, veins 3pairs each side of the midrib, green.

Inflorescence Type/ Size- solitary, nodal, arising in between the branches.

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-flower stellate 0.5 cm across, color white, petals 5/calyx 5, green, campanulate, ebracteate,ebracteolate/ anthers-5, basifixed, anther lobes 2/ style,  extrose.

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not available.

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc. -  odorless.

Regards

Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Plant for ID Tanay Bose.jpg

Madhuri Pejaver

Mar 26, 2010, 7:13:05 AM3/26/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
pl wait till fruits come.
according to me it is common chilly plant
Mar 26, 2010, 8:47:30 AM3/26/10
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Madhuri Ji,
I don't know how chilli is growing as a weed in by garden? If its so I will not uproot it .. I can use them. I think you are right this is indeed chilli.
Regards
Tanay

Prashant awale

Mar 30, 2010, 7:59:28 AM3/30/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Tanay ji,
It does look like Solanaceae sp. Closely resembling Capsicum frutescens.
best wishes
Prashant

tanay bose

Mar 30, 2010, 9:03:08 AM3/30/10
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you Prasant Ji, Fruit has already set in the plant hence I am confirm this is green chilly.
Regards
Tanay

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2010, 8:48:42 AM5/3/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Hi, Tanay ji,
What's the botanical name?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

tanay bose

May 3, 2010, 8:59:04 AM5/3/10
to J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Capsicum annum var acuminata  Fingerh. - Green Chilli
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

May 3, 2010, 9:02:58 AM5/3/10
to tanay bose, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Tanay
It is C. annuum  not annum
C. annuum var. acuminatum according to GRIN is C. annuum var. annuum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

May 3, 2010, 9:05:09 AM5/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Prashant awale, efloraofindia
Thanks Sir for the correction.
Tanay