grass seeds and weed killer

satyendra tiwari

Sep 30, 2010, 4:00:32 AM9/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I am facing some problem with weeds specially with Floss Flower on my Land.
Can someone suggest me some weed killer??
After getting the land clear I would like too put some good grass on that part to create a lawn. Size about 200feet X 200feet.
Can u suggest me the appropiate grass for the lawn and availability of seeds.
Thanks in advance.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2010, 1:46:32 AM10/23/10
to efloraofindia, satyendra tiwari

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2010, 7:57:39 AM11/11/10
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

Nov 12, 2010, 12:37:27 PM11/12/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Satyendra Tiwari Ji,
You could try the following link
http://www.treeseedsindia.com/grass-seeds.htm
Regards
Yazdy.

Mahadeswara

Nov 13, 2010, 12:51:25 AM11/13/10
to efloraofindia
Attn. Satyendraji,
I will provide some information based on my experience, later, as I
am very
busy with some other work. Nevertheless, please donot go for weed
killers.
Mahadeswara Swamy, Ph.D

On Nov 12, 10:37 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Satyendra Tiwari Ji,
> You could try the following linkhttp://www.treeseedsindia.com/grass-seeds.htm
> Regards
> Yazdy.
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> > for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > please visit/ join our Google e-group-
> > Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1420

Yazdy Palia

Nov 13, 2010, 10:37:18 PM11/13/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
I agree with Mahadeswara ji. I am against weed killers myself. The web
address provided was to enable Satyendra ji to get seeds of grass.
Since he is getting the land cleared, one way would be to clear the
land and water it. once the weeds sprout, it can be plowed or dug up
and removed, the grass seeds could then be planted. The sprouted weeds
would have perished by then.
Regards
Yazdy.

Pankaj Oudhia

Nov 14, 2010, 5:33:45 AM11/14/10
to efloraofindia
Another way Yazdy ji is to utilize the socalled unwanted plants i.e. weeds. "Management through utilization" is unique concept our farmers are practicing since time immemorial.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Yazdy Palia

Nov 14, 2010, 5:47:23 AM11/14/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Pankaj Ji, I would like to know more about the Management through
utilization concept.
Regards
Yazdy.