Is it Potentilla indica ?

taffa...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2023, 1:59:15 AM4/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear members,
Am posting photo of a herb which I think is Potentilla indica '
Photos taken in last week of March and 2nd April
Habit: Hairy herb. Hairs sparse and appressed on upper surface of leaf. Sepals 10 in two whorls. Five sepals in outer whorl are three lobed. Five sepals in inner whorl are lanceolate and acuminate. Petals yellow. Fruit is a red berry resembling a strawberry but of insipid taste. Inner whorl of sepals appressed to fruit which led me to mistake it for the fruit of Fragaria nubicola
Kindly confirm if the ID is correct.
LEAFHAIR PHOTO4.JPG
SEPALSPETALSPHOTO7.JPG
FLOWERPHOTO6.JPG
PLANT PHOTO1.JPG
BUDPHOTO5.JPG
PLANT PHOTO2.JPG
LEAFHAIR PHOTO3.JPG

taffa...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2023, 2:06:50 AM4/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
Am reposting photos of fruits which I had wrongly posted in October last year as fruits of Fragaria nubicola as there were no flowers then.
Regards
Taffazull

Runner and fruit.JPG
fruit.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 4, 2023, 2:11:32 AM4/4/23
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Wow!!!! Superb details!!!
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

taffa...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2023, 2:40:38 AM4/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg Ji,
Thanks for appreciation.
Is the ID correct
Regards
Taffazull

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2023, 2:03:39 AM4/5/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, TAFA

taffa...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2023, 2:39:54 AM4/5/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg Ji,
Thanks for confirming the I.D.
With sincere regards
Taffazull

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 16, 2023, 3:00:31 PM4/16/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes, 3-lobed epicalyx and insipid fruit are very distinctive.

taffa...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2023, 6:40:52 AM4/17/23
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for confirming and the tips regarding epicalyx and fruit.
Sincere regards
Taffazull