request for images of Broussonetia

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2021, 9:27:48 AM7/2/21
to efloraofindia, orteg...@gmail.com

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Javier Francisco-Ortega at FIU <orteg...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul, 2021, 6:15 pm
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,

Yesterday I tried to send an announcement to the group regarding a request for images of Broussonetia, but I am not sure if it went through. I am a 64 year old botanist and I am not skillful with computers and the internet.

Can you kindly help me to post the message? It is pasted below (in green font).

With kindest regards,

Javier

Dear Colleagues,

I am a college professor from the Canary Islands. Together with other colleagues I am writing a popular book in botanical history of these islands. The French botanist Pierre Marie Broussonett was an important figure in The botanical history of these islands. He is honored through the genus Broussonetia. We wonder if any of the network members could kindly share with us high resolution photos of any of its species and/or its ethnobotany. One of them (B. papyrifera) has ample use as a source to make paper. We will
Give credit to the author’s photo in the book

None of the species of the genus reach the canaries.

We are grateful for the time and help with this query.

Yours truly,

Prof Javier Francisco-Ortega,
Florida International University & Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2021, 11:23:34 AM7/2/21
to efloraofindia, orteg...@gmail.com, raman, Seema Bin Zeenat, Suresh Kumar Rana, sheetal chaudhari, tsp, gurinder, Mohina Macker, Vinay Thite, Satish Phadke
May I request members (those who have posted these images and are marked in cc) to pl. help him in the matter.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg