ID Of the anual herb/shrub

Yazdy Palia

Jun 18, 2010, 2:16:16 AM6/18/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
The botanical name of the plant please
Date & Time 18/6/ 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Sultan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Annual herb
Height, Length. 24”
Leaves Type, Shape, Size Oval, pointed,
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts- Yellow
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses. .
Regards
Yazdy Palia.
You have been sent 4 pictures.

DSCN2852-2.TIF
DSCN2853-2.TIF
DSCN2856-2.TIF
DSCN2857-2.TIF

DSCN2852-2.jpg
DSCN2853-2.jpg
DSCN2856-2.jpg
DSCN2857-2.jpg

Parjanya guru

Jun 18, 2010, 3:49:14 AM6/18/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
I feel it to be Synedrella Vialis (Less.) Gray  of family Asteraceae..

  With regards,
  Parjanya Guru
+919738723392

tanay bose

Jun 18, 2010, 7:43:38 AM6/18/10
to Parjanya guru, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy ji,
This another common weed from Bengal !

Synedrella nodiflora (L.) Gaertn. commonly known as Cindrella Weed

Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Rashida Atthar

Jun 18, 2010, 7:47:26 AM6/18/10
to tanay bose, Parjanya guru, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yes Cindrella weed, this is very common in Mumbai forest, soon the pathways of the forest  will be full of these !

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Jun 18, 2010, 8:17:03 AM6/18/10
to Rashida Atthar, Parjanya guru, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks to Yady Ji, Rashida ji said the right thing the areas around path are covered up by bushes of this plant!!
Tanay

Dr K. Brijesh

Jun 18, 2010, 12:05:57 PM6/18/10
to efloraofindia

On Jun 18, 5:17 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Yady Ji, Rashida ji said the right thing the areas around path are
> covered up by bushes of this plant!!
> Tanay
>
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Yes Cindrella weed, this is very common in Mumbai forest, soon the pathways
> > of the forest  will be full of these !
>
> > regards,
> > Rashida.
>
> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear Yazdy ji,
> >> This another common weed from Bengal !
> >>  *Synedrella nodiflora* (L.) Gaertn. commonly known as Cindrella Weed
> >> Regards
> >> Tanay

> >> --
> >> Tanay Bose
> >> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> >> 9830439691(Mobile)
>
> >>  --
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)- Hide quoted text -

It is a common weed on cultivated lands.

Flower: Throughout the year.

Medicinal properties:

Leaves used for rheumatism.

Regards