Tree for id_Hyderabad_2021

Neha Singh

Jul 30, 2021, 2:30:14 PM7/30/21
to efloraofindia
This beautiful tree of small size was observed growing in the wild, in the outskirts of Hyderabad, in July 2021.

Height of tree- 15 feet
Single fruit was observed . It was brilliant red.
Would very much wanna know this tree.
Please help in id.

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

Tree for Id-Hyderabad _Fruit 2.JPG
Tree for Id-Hyderabad _Habit.JPG
Tree for Id-Hyderabad _Fruit.JPG
Tree for Id-Hyderabad _Leaves.JPG
Tree for Id-Hyderabad _Leaves2.JPG

Kishan Prajapati

Jul 30, 2021, 11:45:45 PM7/30/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Crataeva. Member of Capparidaceae family. Most probably C. religiosa. Here attaching the detail description photo from Cooke's Flora.

With regards,
Kishan Prajapati
Vande Vasundhara Research Laboratory
Kachchh-Gujarat.

IMG_20210731_090959-01.jpeg

Neha.FORREST

Jul 31, 2021, 12:34:22 AM7/31/21
to efloraofindia
But fruit doesn't matches with that of Crataeva religiosa.

Kishan Prajapati

Jul 31, 2021, 12:40:58 AM7/31/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It could be any other species of Crataeva. Pl. check more character like seed shape and color, if fruit is available. Thanks

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2021, 6:37:13 AM8/9/21
to efloraofindia, Kishan Prajapati, Neha Singh
Taxonomy of Crataeva religiosa in India is quite complex.
I think it is mostly Crateva adansonii subsp. odora as per images and details herein.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Neha Singh

Aug 12, 2021, 11:31:50 AM8/12/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Kishan Prajapati
Yes Garg ji, Thank You.

Neha Singh

Aug 16, 2021, 11:16:48 AM8/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Kishan Prajapati
Today I observed brilliant coloured leaves of Crateva adansonii subsp. odora. Sharing pic.
Also observed fruits eaten by birds.
Crateva adansonii Leaves (3).JPG