Flora Picture of the year - 2009 - Dinesh Valke

Dinesh Valke

Dec 21, 2009, 9:11:50 AM12/21/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends ... my flora picture of the year - 2009 - Bauhinia malabarica.

Attached is the photo of my first sighting of Malabar Bauhinia on 30 SEP 2007 in Nagla Block of Sanjay Gandhi National Park - rare occurrence in state of Maharashtra.
For 2 years, was considering it to be B. thonningii, until Shrikant ji corrected my thoughts !!
This year, found trees at two more places: Saphale Ghat and Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary.

Regards.

Bauhinia_malabarica.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2009, 11:41:38 PM12/21/09