To share 220610 ET

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 22, 2010, 7:30:31 AM6/22/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi National Park
Date/Time-13.5.10 ----9.39 am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- -----Garden
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- -------------Shrub
Height/Length- -----------------12 inch
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-----Narrow 2 inch
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- -- As seen in the picture
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

Padmini Raghavan

Jun 22, 2010, 1:53:02 PM6/22/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
It is the Antrrhinum (not sure of the spelling) or Snapdragon,
 a common garden flower which comes in many colour combinations.

If you press the sides of the flower, it opens its "mouth".

Padmini Raghavan.

Tabish

Jun 23, 2010, 12:59:40 AM6/23/10
to efloraofindia
In India it is more commonly called Dog-Flower, for the same reason
that Padmini described. Antirrhinum majus is the full name, I think.
- Tabish

nabha meghani

Jun 23, 2010, 5:54:00 AM6/23/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Indeed Antirrhinum majus
in german it it is called "L�wenmaul" Lions jaw, for the same reason.
Regards
Nalini