Which tree is this?

Vinayak Sharad Kulkarni

Nov 29, 2010, 4:31:14 AM11/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location- Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai, Altitude: Sea level
Habitat- Garden Type-Tree
Plant Habit-  Tree
Height/Length- 30ft
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- very large(as seen in photo)
Inflorescence Type/ Size- as seen in photo
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-as seen in photo
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- not found
Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- no idea

Kulkarni V S
9819704497
04 leaves.JPG
01 tree.JPG
02 flowers1.JPG
03 flowers.JPG

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 29, 2010, 5:14:09 AM11/29/10
to efloraofindia
From the looks this appears to be Sterculia villosa. Sizes of leaves
and flowers would help to confirm ID. Regards, Shrikant

On Nov 29, 2:31 pm, Vinayak Sharad Kulkarni <kulkarni...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  04 leaves.JPG
> 223KViewDownload
>
>  01 tree.JPG
> 181KViewDownload
>
>  02 flowers1.JPG
> 238KViewDownload
>
>  03 flowers.JPG
> 201KViewDownload

Neil Soares

Nov 29, 2010, 5:54:19 AM11/29/10
to efloraofindia, shrikant ingalhalikar
Hi Mr.Ingalhalikar,
    It looks more like Serculia guttata as the leaves are simple and not palmately lobed as in the case of S.villosa, but even then the leaves don't exactly conform to those of S.guttata.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

raju das

Nov 29, 2010, 12:32:07 PM11/29/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Sir,
I dont think it as S villosa. Here is pics of Sterculia villosa from
Assam. Please validate

Regards

Raju Das

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM, raju <dasr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Raju Das
Nature's Foster

--
Raju Das
Nature's Foster

DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg

Neil Soares

Nov 29, 2010, 12:55:08 PM11/29/10
to indiantreepix, raju das
Hi,
 Affirmative for Sterculia villosa. Sending my photographs of Sterculia guttata for comparison. They were taken at my farm at Shahapur.
                        Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 11/29/10, raju das <dasr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sterculia guttata,Kukar,Goldhar 1.jpg
Sterculia guttata,Kukar,Goldhar 2.jpg
Sterculia guttata,Kukar,Goldhar 3.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 29, 2010, 1:07:01 PM11/29/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, raju das
Sterculia villosa Roxb. Fl. Ind. (Roxburgh) 3: 153-154. 1832.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

raju

Nov 29, 2010, 1:10:06 PM11/29/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Neilji,
Thank you very much for the pics. Its new to me.

Raju