Plant for ID SMP 30Mar 2010

Satish Phadke

Mar 30, 2010, 10:34:12 AM3/30/10
to indiantreepix Indian
A large thorny shrub in leafless condition for ID. Impending fruit observed.
Yellowish white non fragrant flower. 5 petals.
Regards
Dr Phadke

Date/Time-

30 March2010 6:00 PM Hanuman Jayanti

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Pune Hanuman Tekdi

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Thorny shrub. Bark grayish white.

Height/Length-

12 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Not present

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Axillary solitary

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

4-5cm Faint yellow. Epigynous.

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Seen

No Fragrance

DSCN5698s.jpg
DSCN5702s.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 30, 2010, 10:56:20 AM3/30/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian

Dear Satish Ji,
Is this plant Genipa infundibuliformis from Rubiaceae?
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 30, 2010, 12:46:30 PM3/30/10
to efloraofindia
Female flowers of Ceriscoides turgida (Gardenia turgida) of Rubiaceae.
Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 30, 7:34 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A large thorny shrub in leafless condition for ID. Impending fruit observed.
> Yellowish white non fragrant flower. 5 petals.
> Regards
> Dr Phadke
>

>   *Date/Time-*
>
> * *
>
> *30 March2010 6:00 PM Hanuman Jayanti*
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *
>
> * *
>
> *Pune Hanuman Tekdi*
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> * *
>
> *Wild*
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  *
>
> * *
>
> *Thorny shrub. Bark grayish white.*
>
> *Height/Length- *
>
> * *
>
> *12 feet*
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- *
>
> * *
>
> *Not present *
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *
>
> * *
>
> *Axillary solitary*
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> * *
>
> *4-5cm Faint yellow. Epigynous.*
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-*
>
> * *
>
> *Seen*
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-*
>
> *No Fragrance*
>
>  DSCN5698s.jpg
> 84KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN5702s.jpg
> 105KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 21, 2010, 1:00:56 AM4/21/10
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi, TANAY BOSE, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tanay...............................Genipa infundibuliformis

Shrikant ji........................Female flowers of Ceriscoides turgida (Gardenia turgida) of Rubiaceae.

.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

DSCN5698s.jpg
DSCN5702s.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2010, 11:39:10 AM5/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, tanay bose, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Identified as Ceriscoides turgida from Rubiaceae.The same tree is now fruiting showing spherical fruits.
I could catch it today ....addition to the series.
CeriscoidesDSCN8857.jpg
DSCN8859s.jpg