Indian Laburnum in flower

Devi Nair

Apr 10, 2010, 6:58:58 AM4/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is last year's  picture of the flowering Laburnum in my house at Bangalore. It has started blooming again now just after we harvested last years pods. It took a full year to mature! The flowers are a must for our festival Vishu, which falls on the 15th of this
month.

Regards,

Devi.

kanikonna.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 10, 2010, 8:01:37 AM4/10/10
to Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Devi Ji,
the plant is quit young but grows really well...I am amazed to see the quality and density of the inflorescence nice shot!!!
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Vasant Barve

Apr 10, 2010, 8:44:04 AM4/10/10
to tanay bose, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Bahava pod has sweet diaphragms between seeds. This is mild laxative.

Barve
==========================
(*    I have posted Three Jug puzzle & some  interesting  Puzzles  on  my blog  http://virtuallab.in/blog/      **)

Dr. Vasant Barve
# 5 Dhanalaxmi Apartments,
Shivagiri Colony, Gangapur Road,
Nashik 422 005 (India)
Phone 0253 234 2563 (R), 94227 30724 (M)

mani nair

Apr 10, 2010, 9:10:14 AM4/10/10
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Devi Nair <tcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Devi Nair

Apr 10, 2010, 10:17:38 AM4/10/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you  Tanay'ji.
This tree is quite a survivor. It's been pruned very hard many times by the Electricity Dept. as it grows under some electric cables. But it has survived all the onslaughts and we have now  pulled the branches into our compound, away from the cables and it is flourishing and blooming. I once had a very small sapling of laburnum for gifting to someone and it also bloomed at this time with just one beautiful sprig!

Regards,
Devi
--
Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.
-- Douglas Jerrold.

Prashant awale

Apr 10, 2010, 1:02:36 PM4/10/10
to Devi Nair, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Photographs of same flower photographed today morning here in Mumbai.
regards
Prashant
IMG_6402.jpg
IMG_6400.jpg
IMG_6406.jpg
IMG_6407.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 10, 2010, 11:58:43 PM4/10/10
to Prashant awale, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prasant Ji,
Nice set of photos but the in the photo your tree is quit big but see the size of the Devi Ji's plant cute and small yet hardy and robust a perfect combination ....
Regards
Tanay