Red leaved tree for Id

Rakesh Biswas

Apr 3, 2009, 3:19:39 AM4/3/09
to indiantreepix
On the way to Tawa river, Panchmarhi, Madhya Pradesh, last Sunday.

Would be grateful for Id.

rakesh
red leaved tree 1.jpg
red leaved tree close.jpg

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 3, 2009, 3:29:09 AM4/3/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2009, 3:48:00 AM4/3/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
I will 2nd Pankaj ji.
More details from Indiantreepix Database:
Schleichera oleosa (Syn. Cussambium oleosum, Pistacia oleosa, S. trijuga)
Sapindaceae Kosam, Kusum, Lac tree, Ceylon Oak, Macassar oil tree Flowering in MP- 30/3/08; Trees of Delhi- flowers appear with the young leaves or just before- New bright leaves in Mid March, but individual trees can be noticeably out of synch.  Species Information Kusum flower - indiantreepix | Google Groups Google Image Result for http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/451989507_86788a8e6a_m.jpg beautiful tender leaves of kusum tree-nehru park apr 07 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Help - indiantreepix | Google Groups

2009/4/3 Pankaj Oudhia <pankaj...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 3, 2009, 3:50:24 AM4/3/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Some research documents on Kusum.

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=earticleList&Author=oudhia&Text=Kusum

Pankaj Oudhia

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Rakesh Biswas <rakesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Pankaj ji.

warm regards,

rakesh

Yazdy Palia

Apr 3, 2009, 6:56:38 AM4/3/09
to Rakesh Biswas, indiantreepix
Hello friends,
I think it could be fresh leaves of Olea dioica.
I am not very sure but the colour of the fresh leaves which is
slightly yellowish reminds me of the above.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

J.M. Garg

Apr 3, 2009, 8:34:00 AM4/3/09
to Yazdy Palia, Rakesh Biswas, indiantreepix
Thanks, Yazdy ji for the feedback.
But leaves of Olea dioica are not feather-compound as in the post.