209 ID wild plant Micromeria

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 30, 2021, 12:21:08 PM11/30/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 30.11.2021, 03.50pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, marshy, stream side

Plant habit: creeping, branches, weak fleshy purple hairy stem 04mm base diameter, annual

Height: 20cm

Leaves: opposite, ovate, apex, serrated margins, bitter tasted, size:03.5×2cm or less

Flower: 5 petals, diameter:06mm, violet, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

209 Identify wild plant
20211130_155145.jpg
20211130_155154.jpg
20211130_155456.jpg
20211130_155340.jpg
20211130_155130.jpg
20211130_155529.jpg
20211130_155217.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 30, 2021, 12:35:08 PM11/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211130_155552.jpg
20211130_155739.jpg
20211130_155421.jpg
20211130_155622.jpg
20211130_155656.jpg
20211130_155600.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 30, 2021, 12:37:17 PM11/30/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211130_155834.jpg
20211130_155758.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 30, 2021, 12:42:46 PM11/30/21
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Is this Micromeria  ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 30, 2021, 12:59:00 PM11/30/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
I don't know dear Saroj ji, it was mistakenly, sharing more images, with kind regards, Sam.
20211130_155815.jpg
20211130_155916.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 1, 2021, 1:38:53 AM12/1/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Plant habit is very close to Limnophila repens, but this plant doesn't have any aromatic smell or taste, kind regards, Sam.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Dec 1, 2021, 9:41:56 PM12/1/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg
Yes, it's Limnophila repens Sam Ji,
Actually, L. rugosa is aromatic,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
12/02/21, 08:10:00 AM

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 2, 2021, 4:01:34 AM12/2/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Sharing more images from same location.
Date: 01.12.2021, 02.15pm
20211201_141746.jpg
20211201_141917.jpg
20211201_142003.jpg
20211201_141725.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 2, 2021, 4:06:43 AM12/2/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Paradesi ji,
My ID request #48 of aromatic plant confirmed as Limnophila repens, please check screenshot or the above request, with kind regards, Sam.
Screenshot_20211202-132416_Chrome.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Dec 4, 2021, 4:47:32 AM12/4/21
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Ok, Sam Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
12/04/21, 03:16:29 PM

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2021, 12:23:07 AM12/16/21
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
I think it is more closer to Limnophila chinensis (Osbeck) Merr. as per keys at Flora of Peninsular India (flowers pedicelled)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 16, 2021, 1:02:50 AM12/16/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, it is , dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.