MS, Sept., 2023/09 Begonia sp. for id.

M Sawmliana

Sep 2, 2023, 1:37:50 PM9/2/23
Date : 02-09-2023

Sep 3, 2023, 12:56:44 AM9/3/23

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Sep 3, 2023, 3:01:10 PM9/3/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, M Sawmliana, J.M. Garg
yes saroj sir

its Begonia palmata..
thank you

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2023, 3:42:56 AM9/10/23
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, Saroj Kasaju
I think more likely to be (as per images and details herein):
https://efloraofindia.com/2019/05/22/begonia-difformis-1/

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Begonia sp (3).JPG
Begonia sp (2).JPG
Begonia sp (1).JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2023, 6:16:38 AM9/15/23
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Mandru Ramesh Chowdary, Saroj Kasaju
What do you say, Saroj ji?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 15, 2023, 6:43:19 AM9/15/23
to efloraofindia

Sep 15, 2023, 6:59:52 AM9/15/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Sawmliana
Thanks a lot, Mark ji

Probably B. difformia, but I’d like to see mature flowers to check.

I think this is nearer to the very variable B. palmata, as far as I can tell from the photos.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 15, 2023, 12:32:10 PM9/15/23
to J.M. Garg, Mark Hughes, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Images ?? I think I have suggested B. palmata !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2023, 6:35:43 AM9/18/23
to efloraofindia
[...]

2015-Begonia_difformis_comb.__stat._nov._(Sect._Platycentrum_Begoniaceae)_a_new_species_segregated_from_B._Palmata_D._Do.pdf