Plant from Agra, U.P

ankushdave .

Oct 8, 2019, 11:52:03 PM10/8/19

Oct 9, 2019, 1:58:34 AM10/9/19
to efloraindia
Convolvulus sp.??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 9, 2019, 3:39:19 AM10/9/19
to efloraofindia
Image number 5 , ending with 0526 is most important for identification purpose ............
as close as I can get here is a cropped portion containing fruit capsule
FB_IMG_1570593030526.jpg
clearly showing a glabrous capsule as opposed to
IMG_20171026_090015228.jpg
Ipomoea eriocarpa in which capsule is hirsute !
That makes it a most elusive  species
IPOMOEA SCINDICA  , similar to Ipomoea eriocarpa
but having a glabrous fruit capsule .

dr.rakesh Singh

Oct 9, 2019, 9:46:30 AM10/9/19
to efloraofindia, J. M. Garg
Ankush Dave
I must thank you
For a good post
For a species not documented so well , and certainly very few times , here and on FB
For documenting it so well !
You are thorough , good .......I know you from IF
I am really really happy for you , for your post !
Thanks again ! Bless you !
Garg sir please take note of this post and point I made !
I believe these images should be on top of Ipomoea sindica sub-page .
In this sub-page there is mention of a document from Pakistan ........
I  had found it out on internet .......it is a beautiful paper very well illustrating the characters of Ipomoea sindica .
(Sorry for spelling mistake in previous reply )
Attached is the document .
Ipomoea sindica.pdf

ankushdave .

Oct 13, 2019, 3:35:26 AM10/13/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
FB_IMG_1570593015697.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593034211.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593018440.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593024216.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593030526.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593010002.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593021378.jpg
FB_IMG_1570593027047.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Oct 13, 2019, 6:06:00 AM10/13/19
to indiantreepix
Really interesting Ankush Ji..
Thanks Rakesh Ji, your special interest in this taxon is really helping a lot...

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

ushadi

Oct 13, 2019, 6:12:27 AM10/13/19
to efloraofindia
wonderful closeups, Ankush
and good review and Analysis , Rakesh
Regards
Ushadi

ankushdave

Oct 14, 2019, 3:32:56 AM10/14/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Sir

ankushdave

Oct 14, 2019, 3:36:26 AM10/14/19
to efloraofindia
Yes Sir I am from IF.

Thank you very much,Sir for all your help in identifying it and appreciation.

ankushdave

Oct 14, 2019, 3:36:58 AM10/14/19
to efloraofindia
Thanks Sir.