[efloraofindia:34466] The Indian Laburnum - Different Strokes

Neil Soares

May 10, 2010, 3:33:25 AM5/10/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi,
 Photographed at Shahapur yesterday - The Indian Laburnum / Golden Shower Tree.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.

The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 1.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 2.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 3.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 4.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 5.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 6.jpg
The Indian Laburnum, Cassia fistula 7.jpg
In the evening light - The Golden Shower Tree.jpg

Satish Phadke

May 10, 2010, 11:49:46 AM5/10/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Very nice to see a combination of flowers as well as red brown new leaves on the same plant.
This season I am finding flowers and leaves combined rather than only flowers on many of the trees in Pune.
Dr Phadke

Padmini Raghavan

May 10, 2010, 12:20:24 PM5/10/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
These pictures are very surprising as we never see tender leaves coloured red , either in Chennai or in Secunderabad.
Right now the new leaves are a pale green here, seen along with the flowers..
Padmini Raghavan.

Padmini Raghavan

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 18, 2010, 7:11:29 AM5/18/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
In Gwalior also we get these copper red new leaves. This plant is quite a show in these parts.
ak

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Padmini Raghavan

May 19, 2010, 1:44:03 PM5/19/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Indian Laburnum in Chennai --second week of May.
 No red leaves, but only pale green new leaves.
Padmini Raghavan.

Bang.+Hog Plum +Arjuna. 052.jpg
Bang.+Hog Plum +Arjuna. 054.jpg
Bang.+Hog Plum +Arjuna. 062.jpg