PLANT FOR ID SMP6/10/2008

1 view

satish phadke

Oct 6, 2008, 10:10:27 AM10/6/08
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Very small herb. Bright pink flowers less than a cm.
Fairly common. I have seen it everywhere around this season.
DSCN1076a.jpg

Pravin Kawale

Oct 7, 2008, 2:16:09 AM10/7/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Hi, Satishji,
It is  Caesalpinia bonducella
Mar. name  Sagargota
Thanks

--
Pravin

sweedle cerejo

Oct 8, 2008, 3:22:34 AM10/8/08
to Pravin Kawale, satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Hello All,

             This looks much like Indigofera sp. belonging to family Fabaceae. I am sure this is not Caesalpinia bonducella.

Regards,
Sweedle

Nudrat

Oct 8, 2008, 7:17:13 AM10/8/08
to indiantreepix
Hello
I am not sure whether this is indigofers but most surely this is not
Caesalpinia bonducella

Neil Soares

Oct 8, 2008, 2:21:13 PM10/8/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It does look like Sagargota [C.bonducella]. Sending a few photographs [though a trifle unclear] for comparison.
With regards,
Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, Nudrat <nudra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sagargota.jpg
Sagargota flowers.jpg

rajank

Oct 10, 2008, 1:58:23 PM10/10/08
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

THIS PLANT SEEMS TO BE Indigofera sps.(may be I.cordifolia & not
sagargota. belongs to family Fabaceae,It is shrub, & HAS GOT PINK
COLOUR FLS.
fairly common flowers during aug. & sept months.

rajan karnik
On Oct 6, 7:10 pm, "satish phadke" <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very small herb. Bright pink flowers less than a cm.
> Fairly common. I have seen it everywhere around this season.
>
>  DSCN1076a.jpg
> 179KViewDownload

nabha meghani

Oct 15, 2008, 4:08:57 PM10/15/08
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Is this sagargota, that girls play with?
regards
nalini

J.M. Garg

Oct 15, 2008, 10:25:10 PM10/15/08
to nabha meghani, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is Satish ji's reply in a seperate mail:
"Indigofera cordifolia from Fabaceae

Very small herb. Bright pink flowers less than a cm.
Fairly common. I have seen it everywhere around this season.
(There was some confusion of responders in sending reply to two of my mails, hence posting separately.)
Satish Phadke"

Links with little details:http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.UPWTA.3_564&pgs=, http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/FamineFoods/ff_families/FABACEAE.html,
--
With regards,