Shrub For Id-190609-RK-1

ranjini kamath

Jun 19, 2009, 5:18:49 AM6/19/09
to indiatreepix
Request ID of this shrub.Pic taken in Lalbagh,Bangalore on 140609.Thank you.

Ranjini Kamath

L. for ID- 109-1.jpg
L-For Id-111.jpg

nabha meghani

Jun 19, 2009, 6:07:54 AM6/19/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Hallo, it looks like Holunder to me. Sambucus nigra
I have one in my garden, i will just go and send some fotos in mynext.
Nalini

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jun 19, 2009, 10:16:36 AM6/19/09
to indiatreepix, ranjini kamath
Is it climber?
Regard
Devendra

Request ID of this shrub.Pic taken in Lalbagh,Bangalore on 140609.Thank you.

                                          Ranjini Kamath

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Dinesh Valke

Jun 19, 2009, 10:46:59 AM6/19/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix

ranjini kamath

Jun 19, 2009, 11:50:32 AM6/19/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiatreepix
Devendraji It is a shrub.
Regards
Ranjini Kamath

On 6/19/09, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it climber?
> Regard
> Devendra

ranjini kamath

Jun 19, 2009, 11:57:08 AM6/19/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiatreepix
Dinesh ji I'm doubtful about it being Sorbaria tomentosa
.There was just this one cluster of flowers on this plant+ fruits
[small, round, black].We can wait for Nabha's pictures for further
clarification..
Regards
Ranjini Kamath

On 6/19/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... could it be *Sorbaria tomentosa*, the false spirea of Kashmir ?

nabha meghani

Jun 20, 2009, 6:45:22 AM6/20/09
to ranjini kamath, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo, hier are some picture from my garden.
We have 3 big shrubs 2 to 2,5 meter high. the leaves of one are a bit
roundish, but the flowers and fruits are the same. The stem with a notch
(?) - sorry in German we say Kerbe - is very characteristic of this bush.
One picture shows the berries, they are still green. In Sept. Okt. they will
turn black and ripe- rich on vitamine C- . I shall remember to send the
pictures then.
The flowers have a very nice, pleasent aroma. We make pakodas or pancake
from the flowers or make jelly. From the ripe fruits jam is made and tastes
delicious.
Regards
Nalini
Holunder-3873-k.jpg
Holunder-3853-k.jpg
Holunder-3854-k.jpg
Holunder-3855-k.jpg
Holunder-3869-k.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2009, 11:58:51 AM7/9/09
to ranjini kamath, Dinesh Valke, indiatreepix
Hi, Ranijini ji,
I think it's Sambucus canadensis with details from Indiantreepix Database as below:
Sambucus canadensis Adoxaceae American Elderberry, American elder, elderberry, sweet elder, shambhukosha Western ghats Coorg- Dec.'08; in Mahabaleshwar- March'09?; Sambucus canadensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ID request - indiantreepix | Google Groups PLANT FOR ID 36 SMP MAY 2008 - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=Sambucus+canadensis&m=text

2009/6/19 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

sibdas

Jul 9, 2009, 1:16:37 PM7/9/09
to indiantreepix
To me Ranjini's Sambucus seems to be a dwarf edler, S. ebulus; is not
perhaps, the same as Nabha's one