Fruit for ID 050710 PKA1

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Jul 7, 2010, 4:57:39 AM7/7/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is in response to Prashant Awale's post referred above. For comparison with the capsule of L. parviflora I am enclosing picture of fruits of L. microcarpa showing calyx teeth bent away from capsule, reddish brown colour and smaller size (1cm). Besides this the leaves of L. microcarpa are petiolate as against sessile in L. parviflora. Regards, Shrikant

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
Lagestromia_microcarpa_Fruits.jpg

Neil Soares

Jul 7, 2010, 7:02:26 AM7/7/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Hi Mr.Ingalhalikar,
  Sorry for coming in so late, but was at Shahapur. The fruit shown here are those of L.parviflora [Nana]. Please refer to 3 of my mails dated 18th June where I have explained in detail [with photographs] my reasoning for this.
                       Regards,
                         Neil.

JM Garg

Apr 23, 2019, 7:34:15 AM4/23/19
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares
After going through all the posts in efi site, I feel it is closer to images, details and keys at Lagerstroemia microcarpa
Lagestromia_microcarpa_Fruits.jpg