Acacia planifrons?

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 30, 2008, 8:38:18 AM9/30/08
to indiantreepix, Anand Kumar Bhatt, Anand Kumar Bhatt
Which Acacia? Is it Acacia planifrons? taken in Gwalior on Bhind Road, near my house..
Thanks,
akbhatt

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Bhind Road

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 30, 2008, 9:30:38 AM9/30/08
to indiantreepix, Anand Kumar Bhatt
Is it Acacia planifrons? Taken neara my house on Bhin-Etawah Road in Gwalior.
D50 30 Sept 2008 012.jpg
D50 30 Sept 2008 015.jpg
D50 30 Sept 2008 017.jpg
D50 30 Sept 2008 014.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2008, 10:25:57 AM9/30/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Hi, Anand ji,
Though pictures are not clear, it may be Prosopis juliflora (Vilaiti Keekar/ Babool or Kabuli Keekar) as per details from Indiantreepix Database:
Prosopis juliflora (Acacia cumanensis, A. juliflora, A. salinarum, Algarobia juliflora, Desmanthus salinarum, Mimosa juliflora, M. piliflora, M. salinarum, Neltuma bakeri, N. juliflora, N. occidentalis, N. pallescens, P. bracteolata, P. cumanensis, P. domingensis, P. dulcis, P. domingensis, P. vidaliana) Fabaceae
Vilaiti Keekar/ Babool, Kabuli Keekar, Mesquite, Algarroba, Southwest thorn  Flowering at Hodal, Distt. Faridabad, Haryana in the first week of Nov.'07- J.M.Garg. Flowering at Delhi on 30.4.08- Vinodji.
Vinod

Trees of Delhi- Flowering from mid March to late April: another cycle of flowering just after the rains. Prosopis juliflora Vilaiti Keekar (Prosopis juliflora) - indiantreepix | Google Groups Prosopis juliflora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Flowering trees in delhi--Vilaiti keekar(Prosopsis julifora) - indiantreepix | Google Groups