241 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 1, 2022, 1:34:18 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 19.12.2021, 02.15pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, branches, obliquely, slender weak angular purple stem 02mm base diameter, annual

Height: 02.5 feet

Leaves: opposite, oblong, apex, size:06×1cm or less

Flower: axillary hracemose, diameter:02.5mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit: conical cup green into brown, size:02×1.5mm

Seed: brown, numerous, microgranular

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

241 Identify wild plant
20211219_141553.jpg
20211219_141756.jpg
20211219_141709.jpg
20211219_141335.jpg
20211219_141223.jpg
20211219_141821.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 1, 2022, 1:36:45 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211219_142009.jpg
20211219_141937.jpg
20211219_142132.jpg
20211219_142628.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 1, 2022, 1:38:08 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211219_142554.jpg
20211219_142635.jpg
20211219_142645.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 1, 2022, 1:49:36 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
Height is corrected to 01.5 feet.

J.M. Garg

Jan 1, 2022, 8:21:22 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Something close to Spermacoce.
Pl. check the spelling.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mahadeswara

Jan 1, 2022, 10:56:45 PM1/1/22
to efloraofindia
I concur with Garg ji.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 2, 2022, 3:26:30 AM1/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, close to Spermacoce pusilla, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 2, 2022, 4:13:17 AM1/2/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Scleromitrion ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 3, 2022, 3:24:42 AM1/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Saroj ji, Garg ji,
It is more close to Scleromitrion verticillatum, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 3, 2022, 5:18:59 AM1/3/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
That may be correct !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 3, 2022, 6:09:50 AM1/3/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Great, thanks dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 7, 2022, 9:48:31 AM1/7/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
I think it looks different from images at Scleromitrion verticillatum (L.) R.J.Wang, on closer checking of calyx etc.
I checked all species of this genus now listed at REVISITING THE HEDYOTIS–OLDENLANDIA COMPLEX IN INDIA, WITH A NOTE ON SCLEROMITRION
  • December 2021
  • Edinburgh Journal of Botany 78:1-17
  • by
M. D. Nandikar & S. P. Bramhadande.
Good work by Mayur ji.
To me it appears close to images at Hedyotis neesiana (now Scleromitrion neesianum (Arn.) Nandikar)

With regards,
J.M.Garg
241 Identify wild plant
20211219_141553.jpg
20211219_141756.jpg
20211219_141709.jpg
20211219_141335.jpg
20211219_141223.jpg
20211219_141821.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 10:30:22 AM1/7/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, I agree it as Scleromitrion neesianum, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for cross check and ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 7, 2022, 10:35:39 AM1/7/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, mayur nandikar
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for providing link to great work of Mayur ji, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju