Red Pineapple / Ananas comosus - Flora of Goa

Neha Singh

Dec 2, 2011, 1:06:53 AM12/2/11
to efloraofindia
Photographed this Ananas comosus in Goa, in a garden, back in Dec 2008.
I dunno if it's different from common
Ananas or it's same, just red in colour.

Regards
Neha S

Picture 065.jpg
pine apple.JPG
Pineapple.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Dec 2, 2011, 2:43:09 AM12/2/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Neha Ji,

Beautiful pics and for me they are special as I am seeing the flowers
for the first time. Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Balkar Singh

Dec 2, 2011, 8:07:52 AM12/2/11
to Nidhan Singh, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Set Neha Ji

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Satish Phadke

Dec 2, 2011, 9:31:18 AM12/2/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Yes I have also never seen the flowers.
Good pictures indeed.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Madhuri Raut

Dec 2, 2011, 9:34:59 AM12/2/11
to Satish Phadke, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Beautiful Neha ji.
Is it the same ananas that we eat?
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Neha Singh

Dec 2, 2011, 10:09:37 AM12/2/11
to Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, Nidhan Singh, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thank You all. I guess I got lucky to see those  Pineapples flowers.

Madhuri Ji,   I searched and found that this is Ananas bracteatus  and not Ananas comosus  ( as I wrote earlier)
 and It originated from Brazil .  Also dat d ripe fruit is edible, but it is smaller and less fleshy than common pineapples

U can see more pics I found on this blog -

http://growerjim.blogspot.com/2010/06/ananas-bracteatus.html

Regards
Neha S

Madhuri Raut

Dec 2, 2011, 10:20:49 AM12/2/11
to Neha Singh, Balkar Arya, Nidhan Singh, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thanks Neha ji
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade