please identify the plant in picture.

GNANAPRIYA SHANMUGAM

Apr 3, 2024, 12:18:48 AMApr 3
to eFloraofIndia
I have grown this plant in my kitchen garden assuming it to be the Vallarai keerai ( Scientifically known as Centella Asiatica, this green leafy plant is locally called “Vallarai Keerai” in Tamil, “Mandukaparni” in Sanskrit, “Sarswati” in Hindi and “Swaraswataku” in Telugu.) But recently came to know that this is a chinese ornamental plant that has close resemblance to the original medicinal plant. Please let me know if its the chinese looklike.

Thanks.
Priya.c4fccd2b-71d6-4bf9-8a63-ee8d0906b8c6.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 7, 2024, 1:28:15 AMApr 7
to eFloraofIndia
This is Hydrocotyle verticillata Gnanapriya ji. Difference is very clear, leaves in Centella asiatica have a notch on one side, where as here they are totally peltate with no notch, the same way as lotus leaves (no notch) vs Water Lily (with notch).

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2024, 1:51:09 AMApr 14
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
c4fccd2b-71d6-4bf9-8a63-ee8d0906b8c6.jpg

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

Apr 15, 2024, 2:07:01 AMApr 15
to efloraindia
It's Centella verticillata