long fruit(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Mar 1, 2009, 1:39:20 AM3/1/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you for you advice always. I have no clue for this. Could someone advice me?

Place: Andaman as well as at Nehru park in Delhi
Size: 19cm long
fruit.jpg
leaves.jpg
whole.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 1, 2009, 2:01:20 AM3/1/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Bombacaceae (also placed in Malcaceae) » Ceiba pentandra, white silk cotton tree, also called the true kapok.
Native to tropical Americas.

Regards.

Samir Takaochi

Mar 1, 2009, 9:53:22 PM3/1/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji, thank you very much for information! I see this is that Kapok.

Thank you!

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2009, 4:54:14 AM3/23/09
to Samir Takaochi, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Hi, Samir ji & Dinesh ji,
I think leaves are of Tabebuia aurea (Caribbean/ Paraguayan/ Silver Trumpet tree) & not of Ceiba pentandra, which I saw flowering & fruiting now in Hyderabad, which have similar looking fruits. I think two different trees have been mixed up in the post.

Dinesh Valke

Mar 23, 2009, 6:28:46 AM3/23/09
to J.M. Garg, Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Oh yes, I too was wondering about the leaves being different ... the photo of entire tree shows it to be clearly C. pentandra.
On a closer look at the leaves' photo, we see a shadow of a tree which seems to suggest the same tree that is viewed in the tree photo.
... it is best that Samir ji confirms that all photos are of same tree.

Regards.

Many thanks Garg ji for enlightening -- I have not seen

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for you advice always. I have no clue for this. Could someone advice me?

Place: Andaman as well as at Nehru park in Delhi
Size: 19cm long

"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Samir Takaochi

Mar 23, 2009, 7:11:08 AM3/23/09
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Garg ji thank you for you information. Actually I was also wondering about it. because inside of fruit is like cotton, its flakey. I send photo of inside later.

Leaves of my photo looks like Tabebuia aurea. Have you checked inside of fruit?

Samir Takaochi

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2009, 9:11:57 AM3/23/09
to Samir Takaochi, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Here is my attachment of the inside of dried fruit of Ceiba pentandra from the previous Indiantreepix thread: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/1d918dfbff264f80

2009/3/23 Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com>
2009/3/23 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
2009/3/2 Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com>

With regards,
J.M.Garg

"We often ignore the beauty around us"
Kapok_seeds_I_IMG_8004.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 23, 2009, 9:26:21 AM3/23/09
to J.M. Garg, Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Many thanks to Garg ji for the link to C. pentandra post; the photos there show clearly most of the plants aspects.
Samir ji, we were keen to know about your photo attachment which shows leaves - do the leaves belong to the tree that is viewed in another attachment ?

Regards.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Samir Takaochi

Mar 23, 2009, 7:27:15 PM3/23/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Sorry I think photo is mixed.

Photo of tree which that leave belongs to is

fruit 1.jpg
fruit inside.jpg
fruit flake.jpg
leave1.jpg
bark1.jpg
whole 1.jpg

Samir Takaochi

Mar 23, 2009, 7:31:56 PM3/23/09
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
photo of fruit which I showed in previous mail with photo of other part of tree.

fruit.jpg
Fruit riped.jpg
bark2.jpg
whole.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Mar 23, 2009, 7:37:11 PM3/23/09
to Dinesh Valke, Samir Takaochi, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
 This is Tabebuia argentea (T. aurea, T. caraiba).

Regards--
Ken Greby

Dinesh Valke

Mar 23, 2009, 11:20:01 PM3/23/09
to fst...@yahoo.com, Samir Takaochi, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you Samir ji for clearing the suspense !!!
Thanks to Ken ji and Garg ji for the ID.

Regards.

Samir Takaochi

Mar 24, 2009, 6:40:44 AM3/24/09
to indiantreepix
Ken ji, Garg ji thank you so much!

But is it also same?  I want to know. because bark looks different. I wonder.

Mar 24, 2009, 10:23:10 AM3/24/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Hi, Samir ji,
Tabebuia aurea only. See more from Indiantreepix Database:

Tabebuia aurea (Syn. T. argentea, T. caraiba, Tecoma argentea, Tecoma squamellulosa, Handroanthus caraiba)      Bignoniaceae Caribbean/ Paraguayan/ Silver Trumpet tree, Yellow poui or Tree of Gold, Son-Mohar  some yellow Tabebuias have started flowering (11/2/08). In full bloom in Bangalore (28/2/08); on Palace Road (Bangalore) (may be last week before flowers go done)- 3/3/08; On 8/3/08 in Banglore;. Yellow variety T. argentia is now in full bloom- 7/3/08- Pune; in Bangalore- 10/3/08; Flowering in Kolkata in March'07 & 08;  Trees of Delhi- Flowers in 2nd week of March, reaching a spectacular crescendo in early March. Brief bursts of flowering also seen between July & December. Tabebuia aurea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Caribbean Trumpet Tree- Tabebuia aurea - indiantreepix | Google Groups Yellow Tabubia - indiantreepix | Google Groups My favourite shot of Tree 2008 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Tabebuia aurea - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Samir Takaochi

Mar 25, 2009, 8:39:55 PM3/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Garg ji, thank you for your infromation

But difference between greenish smooth surface of bark and brown cracked surface of bark is only due to age?
Color and surface will change when it grow?

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2009, 9:41:50 PM3/25/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Hi, Samir ji,
In your posted pictures, greenish smooth surface of bark is of Ceiba pentandra, while brown cracked surface of bark is of Tabebuia aurea.

Samir Takaochi

Mar 26, 2009, 6:07:34 AM3/26/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Garg ji thank you very much for you kind reply again!
I see, both are different though fruit looks similar.
Thank you.