Some overlooked few Pangi id's al201011-A

Alok Mahendroo

Oct 20, 2011, 11:53:23 AM10/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Sometimes in my ignorance I quickly overlook flowers thinking they are
the same as the one's id'd before and then I realise they're not...

This one looked like Hieracium vulgatum..... and then I realised it was
not...

Location Pangi, Chamba
Altitude 3000 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 18 inches

regards
Alok

--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

080211_1723.jpg
080211_1722.jpg
080211_1721.jpg
080211_1747.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2011, 1:58:19 PM10/20/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Alok JI
I think you were not far away. It is Picris hieracioides, characterised by yellow ligulate heads, with blackih glandular hairs on phyllaries,  brownish achenes without beak and most importantly feathery pappus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok Mahendroo

Oct 21, 2011, 4:12:33 AM10/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you sir, it is a compliment to your guidance that even though I
had neglected to look carefully at this flower... and in spite of that
did manage to photograph the requisite features..
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 4:57:48 AM10/21/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Yes Alok ji
Your last photograph is as good as you had sent for Crepis. If members take that much pains it would be good for all: experts, members and our database.