Crepe Myrtle L.Indica

bindu kapadia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:13:08 PM8/20/08
to indiantreepix
Crepe Myrtle  Near Udaipur Rajasthan
Regards,
Bindu
Picture 197.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 20, 2008, 9:35:55 PM8/20/08
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix
From Indiantreepix Database:
Lagerstroemia indica Lythraceae  Crape myrtle, Pride of India Flowering at Delhi on 3.5.08- Vinod ji. Trees of Delhi- Flowering begins in mid May & lasts through the rains. Lagerstroemia indica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Flowering trees in delhi--Lagerstoemia indica(crape myrtle) - indiantreepix | Google Groups Plant for Id - indiantreepix | Google Groups Fwd: Id please - indiantreepix | Google Groups

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

vijaya chakravarty

Aug 24, 2008, 10:55:28 AM8/24/08
to indiantreepix
Also called "Jeweller's sorrow' as the beautifully crafted flowers
fall down after a heavy shower. In Mumbai the flowers indicate the
onset of monsoon.