Areca catechu tree in the backyard of office building at Churchgate The Supari

Geeta Rane

Jun 23, 2010, 5:57:35 AM6/23/10
to indiantreepix
Areca catechu,
Location: Backbay, Churchgate, Mumbai.
Date: 22/06/2010

As a fruit/nut I have seen this as an ingredient in the chewing pan as also  traditional mouth fresheners which are manufactured using various perfums and flavors.
Of course alike Coconut; the Supari has a special place in our Indian rites beginning from that of our arrival (Birth) to this beautiful world.

Never had an opportunity to see the tree, I remember the first tree seen in Coorg in Karnataka during the trek, I liked its handsome tall look. Ya, till that time I knew it is a tall tree like coconut! thats all,

was very surprised when I saw the rows of trees behind my office building. it is growing in the cemented ground & is tall upto second floor of my office premises,

some colleagues are surprised to see this supari tree..............(hhhhmm was happy ok m not that bad!!!)

For your Inforamtion please, I found two conversation thread while searching its botanical name,

Please confirm,
Thanks with Regards,
geeta rane

Geeta Rane

Jun 23, 2010, 5:59:50 AM6/23/10
to indiantreepix
Areca catechu

PS: instead of "Save' it clicked on "Send",please forgive, Thanks :geeta rane
supari 001.JPG
supari 002.JPG
supari 003.JPG